Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you eat breakfast?

Hi all

I've been very slack the past month or so and have been skipping Breakfast. I generally have a coffee in the morning and don't eat until around late morning/lunch time.

I'm 15 weeks post op and have been losing quite steadily since my op. I leave the house at 6am to start work at 7am and I have no interest in eating anything at that time.

Does everyone here eat Breakfast? If so, what do you eat? And have you found it hinders or helps your weight loss?

I know everyone says breakfast is the most important meal of the day but I wonder if this rings true for weight loss patients.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi all

I've been very slack the past month or so and have been skipping Breakfast. I generally have a coffee in the morning and don't eat until around late morning/lunch time.

I'm 15 weeks post op and have been losing quite steadily since my op. I leave the house at 6am to start work at 7am and I have no interest in eating anything at that time.

Does everyone here eat breakfast? If so, what do you eat? And have you found it hinders or helps your weight loss?

I know everyone says breakfast is the most important meal of the day but I wonder if this rings true for weight loss patients.

I have to be at work at the same time. My stomach will curse me out if I don't eat something. Sometimes I have enough meat left dinner. I eat some of that. It's usually lunch and dinner

MsShortyDee

Hi -

I find that I wake up hungry so I always eat some sort of breakfast. (But I don't have to get up as early as you!) I will eat one of the following

- premier Protein shake

-oikos yogurt (15 grams of protein) + a tiny bit of high Protein Go Lean crunch Cereal in it + a few strawberries or blueberries

- 2 eggs and a bunch of veggies mixed in

- leftover piece of chicken

- if I want something that I can really chew that feels like breakfast food, I'll have some go lean crunch Cereal + milk

I do try and get at least 25 grams of protein in for breakfast. It keeps me full and not wanting to graze by 9 or 10am.

I NEVER eat breakfast and I've lost 150lbs. I've often wondered what would happen if I did?! I do wake up at 5am, who the hell eats that early?!

I practice 16/8 intermittent fasting, so I don't eat breakfast. I have never cared for breakfast anyway.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

Studies show that people the skip breakfast consume more calories in the late day causing more intake than those that to eat breakfast. That said, I would think that someone sleeved would not follow that pattern due to restriction. Only concern I would think is making sure you hit your Protein goals if you aren't eating in the morning.

I just have coffee and then a Protein Bar or shake 2 to 3 hours later. i have never been a breakfast person, the thought of food always makes me nauseous when i wake up.

I haven't had my surgery yet. That said. I notice that when I have breakfast within the 1st hour after waking I feel better and I lose weight. Eating breakfast was one of the things my nutritionist wanted me to incorporate into my diet. I now have a Premier Protien shake most days for breakfast. Been doing this since October.

I drink a Protein shake every morning. It helps me make my Protein goals, it's quick and easy.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Protein shake every morning has always helped with weight loss. I have only been sleeved for 3 weeks, but banded for 6 years. It is completely different now because I never want to eat, but I do my shake without fail!

Banded 2010 weight:327

Sleeved 12/28/16 weight:253

CW: 235. GW: 155

Heather in Texas

I have coffee first thing. Half an hour later I have cottage cheese with blueberries or yogurt. I exercise in the morning for an hour so I want to get some Protein in. Eating in the morning also gets your metabolism going. It is like putting a log in the fire.