Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for awhile and decided to start contributing!

I'm currently 19 days post op and doing pretty well! I've had a few days of "what the hell did I do?" but I'm keeping my eye on the prize! I've had very little issues, I can eat and drink with no problems and my Sleeve has tolerated different foods well!

I started at 301 in July, was 271 on the morning of surgery and was 256 today so slowly losing!

I start soft solids this Friday on my meal plan, I need help with that though, what are some meal ideas? My local group said it was anything you can cut with a fork but that's pretty broad!!

Thanks!

An egg, it's soft, you can chew to liquid consistency. Hummas. I wasn't allowed Soups, but many are, so try that if it's on your plan. Just no Pasta, rice, potatoes in it. While still in this phase but maybe not the first week, I did turkey and cheese roll up. Just a slice of each. You'll be pretty restricted still. Do stop eating when you think you're full. Do not take that last bite just because. I ate a lot of cheese. Check out pinterest for menus. Just search your phase.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

Thanks

Hello and welcome to BP :)

I am 9 weeks post op and on regular foods.

For the soft food stage, I ate scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, a little banana for fruit. My nutritionist said canned pineapple was ok, so I would put that in my cottage cheese or yogurt for Breakfast.

For lunch I would have moist cut up chicken breast meat or chicken thigh meat, wild alaskan sockeye salmon, refried Beans, mashed carrots, canned green Beans. Every now and then I would have some sweet potato, but I really tried to keep my carbs to a minimum.

dinner would be much like lunch. I was also told that I could have moistened ground beef during the soft food stage, but I waited to try it until I reached the regular foods stage.

For Snacks I had hummus, yogurt, string cheese, or cottage cheese.

Since surgery, I have been making sure that I eat my Protein first, so when I said that I would eat some carrots, green beans, or sweet potato.... I only limited it to a few bites of those things.

Hope that helps.

OH! Also, there is a great recipe for ricotta bake out there. Just google it and you will find it. It's really good and I was able to have that during the soft food stage.

Thank you My! I've tried the ricotta bake during the puréed stage and it was outstanding.

My NUT gave us some general ideas such as Fish, Poultry, Meatloaf, Ground Beef, Soft Veggies, cheese, Cereal, Potatoe and toast but didn't elaborate beyond that and I want to make sure I'm sticking to the right things