Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My sleeve surgery seems almost too easy. So far.

I just had my surgery this morning (outpatient.). Sleeve along with a hernia repair. Surgery was at 9 AM, was discharged at 11:30 AM. I haven't had ANY pain meds since leaving the hospital and am having absolutely no problems getting my Water and popsicles down. This ssems suspiciously easy. LOL. What's up with that?

Wow had no idea anyone did outpatient Sleeve. Thought one night was the norm/min. I stayed one night and just had the pain Med in my IV. Other then that I took one pain Med first night just because I was afraid I'd wake up in pain and that was all. Had no issues with Water, popsicles and broth and now one month out I've tolerated all foods in stages allowed. I also thought to date that it's been to easy and kept thinking maybe the Dr. Only took out 50% of my stomach LOL. Guess so far it's a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm hoping and praying mine goes as easy too. Start pre-op diet 1/26.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using the BariatricPal App

I'm scheduled for February 10th, and scheduled for outpatient. I hope it goes that easy. My doctor has indicated it will be less than 4 hours

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

I had a hernia repaired also and my husband said I was done in about an hour. It went pretty fast.

I'm hoping and praying mine goes as easy too. Start pre-op diet 1/26.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using the BariatricPal App

I wish the same for you too!! I'm 55 yrs old and was afraid my age may make the recovery a little tougher, but it's now the next day and STILL feel absolutely fine. I was most worried about not be able to get down fluids postoperative, but again, no problems there either.

I'm certainly not complaining, but after ready a lot of post on this forum I am really shocked it's been this non-eventful

Wow had no idea anyone did outpatient Sleeve. Thought one night was the norm/min. I stayed one night and just had the pain Med in my IV. Other then that I took one pain Med first night just because I was afraid I'd wake up in pain and that was all. Had no issues with Water, popsicles and broth and now one month out I've tolerated all foods in stages allowed. I also thought to date that it's been to easy and kept thinking maybe the Dr. Only took out 50% of my stomach LOL. Guess so far it's a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was plenty worried about doing this outpatient, but I'm self pay so it was kind of necessary to keep costs down. My surgeon said they administer a long lasting pain killer of some sort internally that lasts about 3 days to keep you comfortable during the days you would normally experience the most pain. So far so good! I'm glad to see someone else experienced an easy recovery! I was starting to think they just made a few incisions and then skipped the rest of the surgery!

I just had my surgery this morning (outpatient.). Sleeve along with a hernia repair. Surgery was at 9 AM, was discharged at 11:30 AM. I haven't had ANY pain meds since leaving the hospital and am having absolutely no problems getting my Water and popsicles down. This ssems suspiciously easy. LOL. What's up with that?

Wow , that is quick. How long was your surgery? I was told it's about 2 hours and the recovery a few hours after. Seems a little questionable to me that your surgery and being discharged within 2 1/2 hours. Hope all continues to go well for you. I was told i will stay 2 nights . I go in on Monday the 30th and being discharged on Feb 1st .

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

I thought the same thing; I kept asking my doctor if he'd actually performed the surgery. Things got real a week out, though ... and very real when I started eating pureed foods.

Did you not have the leak test?? That sounds dangerous. How can he send you home without knowing it's all working correctly?

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13

Wow , that is quick. How long was your surgery? I was told it's about 2 hours and the recovery a few hours after. Seems a little questionable to me that your surgery and being discharged within 2 1/2 hours. Hope all continues to go well for you. I was told i will stay 2 nights . I go in on Monday the 30th and being discharged on Feb 1st .

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

I was a little sceptical about doing this outpatient at first. I did a fair amount of research and many recent studies in the last two years have been published that say that this surgery is safe outpatient. Of course i only have my own experience to draw from, if i was having complications I would be singing a different tune.

I thought the same thing; I kept asking my doctor if he'd actually performed the surgery. Things got real a week out, though ... and very real when I started eating pureed foods.

I have prepared myself that this will probably stop being easy at some point. I have very little gas. At least it isn't causing me too much discomfort. i have just read so many posts where they couldn't get down the smallest amounts of Fluid and were in excruciating pain. That's what I was prepared for, so this seems like a stroll through the park.

Did you not have the leak test?? That sounds dangerous. How can he send you home without knowing it's all working correctly?

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13

Actually most surgeons now do the leak test while you are still under anesthesia. But each doctor has his/her own standards so I guess some still do it post op.

I'm scheduled for February 10th, and scheduled for outpatient. I hope it goes that easy. My doctor has indicated it will be less than 4 hours

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

people seem shocked this operation is performed outpatient. Research shows is is being done outpatient more and more now. I was skeptical myself, so I understand. I think when this is done outpatient the doctors really cover all bases to make sure you are good to go home. I was given a ton of different medications to prevent nausea (which I have had trouble with in past surgeries). I had minimal nausea and it was gone completely in just a few hours. They also do the leak test while you are under anesthesia. And they put some kind of pain Meds in while you are under that last a few days. All I know is that worked. But the floor might drop out of this whole thing tomorrow! LoL

I was sleeved the morning of 11/14 & went home that afternoon. I was worried, too, BUT! No complications and recovery had been a breeze. My surgeon tests for leaks 3 times during surgery so there was no need for a radiology exam.