Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you find that vomiting has become part of your post VSG life?

Seems that for the first year, as you try different foods, you tend to discover that your new stomach simply rejects foods that you used to eat regularly. Is this common for most of you?

Edited by FatDad

I have only vomited four times post-op (I'm well over 2 years out now). One was when my whole family had a stomach bug and ALL of us were throwing up, so nothing to do with my sleeve. The second time was my second Thanksgiving post-op. I ate too fast or didn't chew well enough and something got "stuck". I had tremendous pain in my chest and foamies until I finally threw up and felt a million times better. The third time I went on a pub crawl and drank WAY too much alcohol... definitely nothing to do with my sleeve and everything to do with me being an idiot. The last time was this past summer. I ate way too quickly again or didn't chew thoroughly again then proceeded to play Lasertron (fancy laser tag) for about two hours. By the end I was dying. Again with the "stuck" feeling and foamies until I was able to throw up and get out whatever was stuck.

I haven't thrown up a single time since my surgery [2 months out]. My bad reaction to food is pretty much just heartburn telling me "shouldn't have done that!". However, my friend who's about a month out throws up pretty much constantly. What I'd say is that there is no 'normal'; people are different, and the way they react to the surgery is different. If you're concerned about frequent vomiting, I'd advise talking to your doctor. u.u

I'm a little over a month out and have experienced vomiting pretty constant since my sleeve on December 7th 2016. I to have wondered about this. Sometimes it's I realized I hadn't took my stomach pill at that time and others it didn't matter if I had or not. I feel if it's like trial and error as if learning what to and what not to eat and how much as well as how fast to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Jodygirl1982

I have been sick a few times due to not chewing enough, eating too fast or too much. I also learnt fried food doesn't agree with me no matter how small it is. I never saw it as being an issue with the sleeve, rather it was an issue with me.

Kate

I haven't thrown up a single time since surgery.

However, there was one time that I wish I could have thrown up - about 4 months post-op and I had eaten too much of a good thing. I have learned that there is a very fine line between just enough and 1 or 2 bites too many. Some days I recognize that line before I cross it, and once in awhile, I don't and I'm miserable for about a hour.

I am 1 year post op and I never vomited not even while in the hospital. I guess I am very fortunate. I think in my 60 years I have vomited maybe 10 times. It is something that hardly ever happens to me. I don't know how many years ago (maybe 20) was the last time I did vomit and it was after eating Tomato Soup and having a grilled cheese sandwich. I feel for all of you whom have and hope this stops soon.

I'm 6 weeks out and haven't vomited yet. I have over eaten ( I think) or eaten too quick twice and I have felt nauseous but that's about it.

I have had the feeling of food being stuck ( from eating to quick again)

Over eating or eating to quick was literally a bite too much

No I am over 2 years out and have only puked once. But I can't eat Ivars Clam Chowder it makes my stomach churn. I do sometimes over eat and get the slimes and then I am in pain for an hour. Usually Chineese food. Ugh one would think after two years I wouldn't over eat but it still happens.

I hope things get better

I haven't thrown up a single time since my surgery [2 months out]. My bad reaction to food is pretty much just heartburn telling me "shouldn't have done that!". However, my friend who's about a month out throws up pretty much constantly. What I'd say is that there is no 'normal'; people are different, and the way they react to the surgery is different. If you're concerned about frequent vomiting, I'd advise talking to your doctor. u.u

That's exactly what happens to me... almost 6 weeks out, I thew up twice, once the night after surgery and once the next morning, but haven't even been nauseated since.

Not me. I'm puke-averse! I'll muster all my strength to not barf because it does a number on me. My throat hurts, my face swells up, I pop blood vessels. I'll even get a nose bleed. I think I've vomited twice in the last thirty years since I had morning sickness with my son. So no, I haven't but I wanted to a couple of times. My tummy hates bacon, my beloved bacon. And my chewable vitamins make me feel like I'm going to die if I don't take them on a full stomach.

Never vomited, and almost 3 years post sleeve.

3.5 months out and i do puke now and then. It happens fairly often actually????. It's usually me eating too much or too fast. Sometimes things just don't agree with me. Found that out at an Ikea ????????????

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

Not me. I'm puke-averse! I'll muster all my strength to not barf because it does a number on me. My throat hurts, my face swells up, I pop blood vessels. I'll even get a nose bleed. I think I've vomited twice in the last thirty years since I had morning sickness with my son. So no, I haven't but I wanted to a couple of times. My tummy hates bacon, my beloved bacon. And my chewable Vitamins make me feel like I'm going to die if I don't take them on a full stomach.

Im the same way. I have to be extremely sick to vomit and its always very violent. I get the same broken blood vessels in my face. I hope I continue to be "puke-averse" as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App