Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I scheduled my nutrition and psychiatric evaluation today. I am going through a center that can do both. The nutrition evaluation is 1.5 hours and the psych evaluation is 4 hours. Are those times close to what others have experienced? 4 hours seems long, but the receptionist said it might not take that long.

I will have a 3 hour nutrition and my psych eval was 45min.

I have not scheduled my psych eval yet but I was told its going to be 4-5hrs, and my dietitian are going to be 45-60min. I had my first dietitian and physical appointments and they were about that amount.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using the BariatricPal App

I scheduled my nutrition and psychiatric evaluation today. I am going through a center that can do both. The nutrition evaluation is 1.5 hours and the psych evaluation is 4 hours. Are those times close to what others have experienced? 4 hours seems long, but the receptionist said it might not take that long.

I'm in Louisiana, I did my psych examine yesterday, and it only took about 45minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

I'm in Louisiana, and the clinic had a counselor, that took an 1-1.5 hr. Didn't pass and she referred to a licensed one for 2-3 hr eval. I decided then and there, forget La. I'm going to Mexico. Post sleeve today, 7 days :)

Sent from my SM-G900H using the BariatricPal App

My evaluation was scheduled for 45 minutes, but only took half an hour.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

My psych was 10 minutes of talking and 30 minutes filling out a survey.

Thanks all for the feedback. I just put in a message with my bariatric surgery coordinator asking her opinion on the appointments and durations. They do offer these appointments through the surgeon's office, but are not covered by insurance. So if they vary greatly I will probably just pay out of pocket with the people through the surgeons office to make sure I get what is needed.

My insurance did not pay for the psych $150 and the NUT $180. Out of pocket.

Edited by kell911

Just heard back from my bariatric coordinator. If I go with their nutritionist and psychologist (paying out of pocket) the nutrition appt is 30 minutes and the psych is 1 hour. I think I'd rather do that since they will be sure to get the info needed for the surgeon and insurance. Weird how the appointment durations vary so greatly!

My psych eval was two 1-hour sessions 2 weeks apart. I also had to take 6 hours of lifestyle change classes ( which I chose to take in one Saturday class).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the BariatricPal App

Had my psych evaluation done today. Took about 15 minutes by phone, and 20 minutes filling out a survey Ike questionnaire online before. Nutrition class is this Saturday and is about an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Had my psych evaluation done today. Took about 15 minutes by phone, and 20 minutes filling out a survey Ike questionnaire online before. Nutrition class is this Saturday and is about an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I wish I could do the psych eval online and by phone. I did end up canceling my original appts, and am going to go through my surgeon's office nutritionist and psychologist paying out of pocket. It will be $350 total.

My psych was 10 minutes of talking and 30 minutes filling out a survey.

Mine was the exact same thing.