Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How fast can you return to work ?

I'm a truck driver in Australia and it's a very physical job some of the time.. it's not all about being a steering wheel attendant. I took two weeks off and was in no pain what so ever. I just couldn't jump on and off the truck or lift over 10-15kgs ( I think) for 6 weeks although some times I had too...

I found the first week back I had some fatigue but not to bad.

From about 3-4 weeks post I forgot I had, had surgery.. unless I ate lol...

I could of gone back earlier but it was good to take a bit extra time off ..I had no pain or discomfort from day 1 after surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

you sound like me by 3-4wks post I forgot I had surgery until I had to eat (when I remembered), try to stretch crazy, or lift)LMao weird how a major suegwry can make you feel so shortly after...plus feeling good about your new you journey helps good luck to you and be careful on the roads

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Hello! I am getting the gastric sleeve and need to give my work some sort of idea. Ideally, I would like to return ASAP. I work in fashion apparel and sit at a desk 24/7 with travel at different times of the year. I can schedule my surgery to be far away from traveling. But how long did it take for most of you to return ?

I had mine done on 12/29, Thursday, and returned to work the following Wednesday. I sit at a desk all day, so the soreness didn't effect me all that much. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I took off 1 week & went back the 2nd week on 1/2 days. I am a manager at a credit union. Mostly a desk job just had a lifting restriction

Sent from my VS990 using the BariatricPal App

I had surgery on a Friday n went back to work Monday but I do have a desk job...but if u can rest for at least a month that would be great wish I had been able to....the first month is the hardest...you r tired sleepy frustrated n just emotional...

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

Hello! I am getting the gastric sleeve and need to give my work some sort of idea. Ideally, I would like to return ASAP. I work in fashion apparel and sit at a desk 24/7 with travel at different times of the year. I can schedule my surgery to be far away from traveling. But how long did it take for most of you to return ?

I tried to be tough and thought I would bounce back in one week because my surgeon said most people go back after one week. I ended up taking a 2nd week unplanned because I was just not ready physically. Mostly constant nausea and fatigue were the problem. I would plan on at least 2 weeks off. Everyone is different. If your situation allows more time, I would take it because you really dont know how your own body is going to react to the surgery, diet, and weight loss.

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

I work from home so I took a week off and I was fine physically. But I was exhausted. I should have taken 2 weeks off for the fatigue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

I had the sleeve done 12/28 my surgeons office approved 3 weeks off, but I'm asking for an extra week. Im a CNA, and I work on a lock down dementia unit (very labor intensive, and unpredictable) I don't have a light duty option where I work, so I'm taking the extra time to be safe.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using the BariatricPal App

I was traveling for work overseas 2 1/2 week post op and was fine. I did have serious fatigue for a couple of days about a week post op, but otherwise had a very easy and energetic recovery. Experiences vary!

I had surgery on a wednesday and was back half days the next thurs and fri before returning full time. I work mainly at a desk, and had some fatigue, but pain was not an issue. Good luck.

Had surgery on 12/22. Out of hospital 12/23. Holiday 12/24 & 12/25. Office Closed Monday 12/26. Back to work 12/27.

I have a desk job, but had a weight restriction of 20#. I was ready to go back.

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App