Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 5 post op

I am noticing now anytime I eat or drink something I begin to cramp and bloat. The last week any type of food is coming back up and I have not slept in three days. It starts as clear Fluid and then whatever I have eaten 8 hours later comes up. Going to see the Dr tomorrow any advice or anyone else have this happen.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

He placed me on Prilosec for a week if that doesn't work he is going to do a scope and make my stomach bigger with a balloon

Sorry to hear this. I'm 6 weeks postop and had the cramping too but I had a really bad episode last week after eating that had my head spinning. I'm a nurse and also noticed my stool is very light colored which I know could be a sign of gallbladder issues. Waiting for results now to see if I need my gallbladder removed. Good luck!

He placed me on Prilosec for a week if that doesn't work he is going to do a scope and make my stomach bigger with a balloon

Thanks, funny thing I went out and got myself Nexium this morning:)

I do hope that these help. Thank you for your response . I am looking forward to hear how you do this week :)

Sorry to hear this. I'm 6 weeks postop and had the cramping too but I had a really bad episode last week after eating that had my head spinning. I'm a nurse and also noticed my stool is very light colored which I know could be a sign of gallbladder issues. Waiting for results now to see if I need my gallbladder removed. Good luck!

I also have light colored stools. If you had RNY and knowing that small bowel has been removed, that has been why I think my stool has been light. I had my gallbladder removed at a young age so I know that cannot be a reason for my stool changes. I do hope that is not the case for you- I would be so sad to think of the need of another surgery right now :(

When you speak of light headedness and cramping- look up "dumping syndrome". There could be a correlation there. Keep us updated. Good luck :)

The clay colored stool could be a stone in your common bile duct. Also an RN.

Edited by Keri1019

Update: surgeon ordered labs and and ultrasound as I mentioned earlier. All labs were perfectly normal and the ultrasound didn't reveal anything to be concerned with (no gallbladder issue, no stone, no sludge). I took the carafate the surgeon gave me a few times and scaled back my diet to liquids for a few days, ate a boatload of popsicles (I love popsicles more than anything), and I'm feeling much better.

I'm very familiar with dumping syndrome as a potential after surgery (as any RNY patient should be), and I've been expecting that and looking out for it since the surgery. I think I expected dumping to feel different, kind of like pre-diarrhea feeling. This feeling wasn't like that and there was never a loose stool. The cramping had no release -- it was like a vice just gripping my stomach and not letting go and slowly squeezing harder.

So looking back I do think that the episode was indeed dumping syndrome.

Scary stuff. I felt like I was going to die.