Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared & Anxious the Day Before Sleeve

I'm 25, 5'4ish, and 245lbs - of FEAR! Today is my "Surgery Eve," the day before I finally am sleeved. Throughout this process I've been excited, tired, impatient - just wanted it to come already! Now it's here, and I couldn't be more afraid! I'll start off by saying I do have an anxiety disorder which probably heightens my feelings, but I've coped well without meds for a couple of years. I have a great support system and backed myself with so much knowledge about VSG, I could soon teach a class lol

Since yesterday I've grown so, so afraid! What if I'm making a mistake, what if something goes wrong? I've never been under anesthesia so that's probably my biggest fear. Did anyone else feel like this beforehand, or am I just going out of my mind?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I still have a week to go before my surgery and I'm feeling all of that as well :-P

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

Im sorry i cant help u on what ur goin thru but i can sympathise i to have been having mini attacks i have never had surgery nor been under anesthesia befor i know im goin to loose it when it comes time but i do try and keep positive

BigBodyBombFace

I never really understood people being afraid of anesthesia. It's the best! It's like magic! One moment you are pre-op, the next you are post-op. It's like time travel!

One thing I always advise people who get last-minute cold feet is that you made this decision to have surgery when you were being logical and rational. You presumably put countless hours into research, learning everything you could, and evaluating if this was the right decision for you. Trust in the choice you made when you were sane! Don't let this last-minute wave of irrational thought and emotion deter you.

@@JamieLogical you actually made me laugh out loud! Looking at it as magic is actually a great way to look at it haha. I'm a very logical and analytical person, which is why these nerves are killing me! It's like an out of body experience. Thanks for your input!

Lol ..That's why she's JamieLogical. Shes got a great head on her shoulders!!!! Lol

For me it's the coolest feeling in the world. I challenge you to try to get past 97 when and if they have you count backwards from 100. It's like your on drugs for a few seconds but legal drugs!!

I giggle when I say. Think of the show "That 70 Show " when it shows the group in the basement smoking pot and the cameras showing their faces going around and around the table. Kinda what it feels like to me. Lol.

Amy☆☆☆

Edited by jaynamy3

Hey there! I'm 27, 5'4 and 345 and I am also having surgery tomorrow. I'm not nervous, although this is my first surgery. At this point, I just want to do it and start losing!

My advise is to rely on what you know. You know that surgical risks are minimal, even compared to other minimally invasive surgeries. You know that it works for most people and that most people do well. Good luck tomorrow!

@@JamieLogical Classic and exactly how I feel.

I never really understood people being afraid of anesthesia. It's the best! It's like magic! One moment you are pre-op, the next you are post-op. It's like time travel!

@curlyinthecity Keep busy, see friends, chat on here, clean the house, go internet shopping and look at clothes/shoes imagining wearing them in a year! This has been the best thing I have ever done (apart from plastics a week ago) and my only regret is that I didnt have it years ago.

Will be thniking of you tomorrow

Kate :D

My surgery is tomorrow as well and I think the nerves are normal! I'd be worried if I wasn't anxious about my whole life about to change!

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App