Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am walking 3.5 miles on my treadmill every other day (about). What are or did you do at 3 months post op?

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

I think that's great! I'm almost 4 months or and am on week two of couch to 5k. I also have a personal trainer come 3x a week, 30 min twice and an hour on Saturday. I usually walk in addition to the c25k 5 times a week. My surgeon said as long as we're feeling good, we can do what we want.

I am walking 3.5 miles on my treadmill every other day (about). What are or did you do at 3 months post op?

I think that's great! I'm almost 4 months or and am on week two of couch to 5k. I also have a personal trainer come 3x a week, 30 min twice and an hour on Saturday. I usually walk in addition to the c25k 5 times a week. My surgeon said as long as we're feeling good, we can do what we want.
I think I am just so lost on everything. I know there is no way I can afford the whole personal trainer thing

I think I am just so lost on everything. I know there is no way I can afford the whole personal trainer thing

If u have a planet fitness in your area they have personal trainers including in your membership.. I pay $20 a month so I can bring a friend every time

Sent from my N9518 using the BariatricPal App

i go to the gym 4 days a week. I do 3 miles on random hills on the stationary bike then i do 30 mins random hills on the treadmill. I also use the machines or the kettle bells to get in weight training. I found a bunch of good simple exercises online and use these to get my areas of problem in order. No trainer since i too cannot afford one.

I've been very blessed, my trainer charges for her time, not per person, so a friend and I split her already reasonable rate. So I only spend about $80/month for her. (She trains my daughter as well)

Try Fitstar app, I have been using it over about 2 weeks and I love it. 2 workout sessions a week is free but if you want more then you have to pay but I like it because it increases in intensity the more you work out. But, I am also one of those people I can motivate myself, I just need the structure.

Try Fitstar app, I have been using it over about 2 weeks and I love it. 2 workout sessions a week is free but if you want more then you have to pay but I like it because it increases in intensity the more you work out. But, I am also one of those people I can motivate myself, I just need the structure.
I can motivate myself too. I just get lost or too overwhelmed. I don't work. And I get exercised induced headaches and Migraines. And I think that might be where I get lost with what I can do. I push through with my treadmill.

I've been very blessed, my trainer charges for her time, not per person, so a friend and I split her already reasonable rate. So I only spend about $80/month for her. (She trains my daughter as well)
That's the thing, I am so strapped for cash. I could barely afford the treadmill when I got it. I only got it because I had set the money aside to get it before I had surgery done. I am getting ready to possibly move again and I just moved back in November. It is so sad. Lol. I am a stay at home mom so I don't have extra income at this point. I just need other stuff to at home. I have been getting ideas on pinterest.

I do yoga/Pilates, it's a class and I love it.

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App

I Have a ton of DVDs and I used them before. They helped for a little bit but I am hoping now with surgery and hypothyroidism meds I can get it all taken care of better. of course the hypothyroidism didn't show up til about 2 weeks before surgery.

It helped me with the movement of my body, and the flexibility. I started out at 280 on 8/17/16 and I am now 221. I will say that it does tone up your muscles, and your muscles burn the fat... But muscles weigh more than fat. some days I get sad because the weight doesn't feel like it's coming off but I am losing more inches and I guess the weight will follow suit at some point.

It helped me with the movement of my body, and the flexibility. I started out at 280 on 8/17/16 and I am now 221. I will say that it does tone up your muscles, and your muscles burn the fat... But muscles weigh more than fat. some days I get sad because the weight doesn't feel like it's coming off but I am losing more inches and I guess the weight will follow suit at some point.

I will get the that sometimes I started at 257lbs 10/21/16 (surgery) and now I am 216lbs. But I have a feeling that stall is coming. But when I feel that I am not losing weight I will take my measurements and so far I am down 33inches too.

Try "tone it up" videos on YouTube. They had a tv show before. They have great exercises.

Also Dr Mathew Weiner (weight loss/bariatric surgeon) has a good YouTube video on exercise.

Can you get some weights and just do strength training at home ? Or squats, lunges, etc..

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App