Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My suggestion (and that of my dietitian) would be to make sure that whatever brand you are buying is a whey Protein ISOLATE and NOT A CONCENTRATE. With whey Protein isolate you get a lot fewer carbs in the product. Whey protein CONCENTRATES tend to have a lot more carbs.

The Protein Powder of my choice is @@unjury which is ordered via the Unjury website. The cost works out to be about $1.25 per serving.

You might want to to check if the 50g is for 1 scoop or 2 scoops. Also, for me, the pre-mixed chocolate muscle milk is absolutely disgusting. Not sure if the powder tastes the same or not, but it sure might.

Sent from my SM-T217S using the BariatricPal App

if it's available in sample packs, get a couple of those for now. That way you'll be sure you like it before you spend a lot of money on tub of it that you may end up not liking. That being said, a lot of people do like Muscle Milk, but everyone's tastes are so different that you can't really go by that. A lot of people love Premier Protein, too, and I really dislike it.

You might want to to check if the 50g is for 1 scoop or 2 scoops. Also, for me, the pre-mixed chocolate muscle milk is absolutely disgusting. Not sure if the powder tastes the same or not, but it sure might.

Sent from my SM-T217S using the BariatricPal App

Yes, the 50g is for 2 scoops. 2 scoops in an 8 oz. liquid was disgusting. I used 1 scoop for 8 oz. and it wasnt horrible, but i still prefer the Premier Protein shakes premade.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Who has had the muscle milk brand of Protein powder? I want to order it bc it has 50g of Protein and its reasonably priced. I was going to get chocolate flavor. Any powdered protein advice?

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

You can get 50 grams from any powder, Muscle milk is calling this out because they recommend a double dose of many others.

But Muscle Milk also has a lot of added fillers, fat and sugar, why I stay clear of their brand

Please try flavors before investing. Some sit well with tasters. Some don't. And. Tastes can change

Good luck

Premier Protein seems to go through me these days. Unknown why. Used it for years

I do like BariatricPal flavors

They sit better with my stomach these days

I used Muscle Milk Light (Vanilla Creme) Protein powder. It gave me 25 grams of Protein per shake. I found that I could improve the taste dramatically by blending in a half a banana into the shake. Normally I like chocolate but post surgery, my taste buds changed a lot. The powder is lactose free. After surgery I became lactose intolerant and this prevented me from drinking milk or blending in milk into my Protein Shake.

I bought the muscle vanilla milk powder at costco and have some of the TRD. They taste OK but leave strange taste in my mouth for the rest of the day. I like the premier, Inspire and pure Protein better.

HW 280

SW 257

CW 239

sleeve surgery 12/12/16