Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 Years Later...

Good morning from Amsterdam....I'm an American but I was a relatively early sleever; was sleeved in 2011 in Germany; so I am going on 5 years out. I am 63 so I was 58 when I was sleeved. I lost 87 lbs in the first year (and kept a blog every Sunday and turned it into a book called Queen of Crop). I reached my goal weight and kept it off until just about 6 months ago. About year 2 I found I could eat anything and everything but I still watched what I ate and I was on a regular exercise program. My life changed dramatically and I loved the feeling of being a normal sized person. Last year, some of my old habits started coming back; snacking, eating sweets and drinking a glass or two of wine most nights. A few lbs kept creeping in and now I am 10 lbs over goal. All of this is because I have gotten to relaxed with my eating; my exercise is still good. So I just this weekend bought the book, The 5 Day Pouch Test and will start it in the next few days once I get prepared. So for me, being one of the veterans of this surgery, it was THE best thing I ever did, and still is. But like all normal weight people, you have to be smart about what you put in your mouth. And I simply got too lazy. So long term: it has been fabulous and I will get this weight off; should never have let it get to 10 lbs. My own doing....looking forward to feeling that honeymoon restriction again. Like everyone says, IT'S A TOOL...BUT A POWERFUL ONE. I probably should write a Queen of Crop 2....what a life I have had in the last 5 years!!!! WOW

Such a bundle of good information!! I'm happy to hear that you are well even after 5 years. Love it!!! And writing a book and all...Fabulous! Thanks for telling us to stay on the program and keep the goal!!! Good advice!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Good morning from Amsterdam....I'm an American but I was a relatively early sleever; was sleeved in 2011 in Germany; so I am going on 5 years out. I am 63 so I was 58 when I was sleeved. I lost 87 lbs in the first year (and kept a blog every Sunday and turned it into a book called Queen of Crop). I reached my goal weight and kept it off until just about 6 months ago. About year 2 I found I could eat anything and everything but I still watched what I ate and I was on a regular exercise program. My life changed dramatically and I loved the feeling of being a normal sized person. Last year, some of my old habits started coming back; snacking, eating sweets and drinking a glass or two of wine most nights. A few lbs kept creeping in and now I am 10 lbs over goal. All of this is because I have gotten to relaxed with my eating; my exercise is still good. So I just this weekend bought the book, The 5 Day Pouch Test and will start it in the next few days once I get prepared. So for me, being one of the veterans of this surgery, it was THE best thing I ever did, and still is. But like all normal weight people, you have to be smart about what you put in your mouth. And I simply got too lazy. So long term: it has been fabulous and I will get this weight off; should never have let it get to 10 lbs. My own doing....looking forward to feeling that honeymoon restriction again. Like everyone says, IT'S A TOOL...BUT A POWERFUL ONE. I probably should write a Queen of Crop 2....what a life I have had in the last 5 years!!!! WOW

I went online and read a little about your experience. First off, you look super great and how your body is harmonizing now!

I love the way that you give half credit to your spouse . It's heartwarming. Hope to hear from you again! I have a son in the Air Force in Germany right now:)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi Stevecfo...I am just now back on Bariatricpal as of yesterday! And see that I wrote the last post in January....here it is end of April and I still have not done my 5 day pouch test and am still 10lbs over my goal weight...which is why I am back here to get inspiration from all of you! It's so interesting how heavy I feel at 148 lbs....I feel almost as bad as I felt at 223 lbs....which I guess is a good thing.

And I agree....let's hear from some more veterans!!!! How is everyone doing.....even 3-5 years out????

IMG_5698.jpg