Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Buddy/Mentor...please

Hello, I'm looking for a buddy/Mentor who is going to have or has had gastric bypass surgery. I'm a 46-year-old female. Still going through the process to have the surgery, hopefully April or May. I live in Va.

Sent from my LGL62VL using the BariatricPal App

Hi Sharon ! Im a newbie here and Im 42 from Tennesse but Im looking to have my surgery in April/May to! Id love to be your buddy or anyone else's as well :)

Sent from my SCH-R960 using the BariatricPal App

Hi Sharon, I'm a 30 yr old female in VA. Had gastric bypass 11/28/16.

Hello. I am looking to have surgery in June. Looking for a buddy

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm having mine in April or May depending on how fast insurance approves me. I will be pushing them.

@@Sharon Vance are you looking for someone that lives in your area or maybe more virtual? I had the bypass in June of 2015 and I'm currently in my maintaining stage. I have a LOT of great information if you're interested. I actually just started a blog for one of my school projects and Im hoping to have great ideas, recipes, and all the fun stuff that happens post surgery. You can certainly follow me if you'd like and I'm more than happy to answer ANY questions you might have!!

Good luck on your surgery!

Linda

www.fatontheinsideblog.wordpress.com

Hi Sharon ! Im a newbie here and Im 42 from Tennesse but Im looking to have my surgery in April/May to! Id love to be your buddy or anyone else's as well :)

Id love to have you as a buddy. Thanks so much

@@Sharon Vance are you looking for someone that lives in your area or maybe more virtual? I had the bypass in June of 2015 and I'm currently in my maintaining stage. I have a LOT of great information if you're interested. I actually just started a blog for one of my school projects and Im hoping to have great ideas, recipes, and all the fun stuff that happens post surgery. You can certainly follow me if you'd like and I'm more than happy to answer ANY questions you might have!!

Linda

Hello, I'm looking for a buddy/Mentor who is going to have or has had gastric bypass surgery. I'm a 46-year-old female. Still going through the process to have the surgery, hopefully April or May. I live in Va.

Id love to have you all as buddies. Im not sure how this works.

That's great because I know you'll have a lot of answers to my questions, I would first like to say my nutritionist wants me to use Atkins Advantage shakes 5per day for one of, I've heard that premium shakes taste alot better, and they are 30 gms of Protein, they are 160 calories, only ten more calories than Atkins, 1 gm sugar, low-rate, and 24 Vitamins and minerals . The Atkins shakes only have 15 gms of protein. Is it OK if I make this switch and can you tell me what I should know for my pre op diet, they say five shakes a day will I even be able to drink all of that?? Seems since I've been trying to eat protein I get nauseous when I eat any thing sugary, is this all normal?

@@pvechiola I get super sick when I eat more than 6 grams of sugar with my meal. Its a form of dumping syndrome...shakes, hot flashes, super tired. Stay clear.

As far as shakes are concerned, you should use Premier Protein. You can find them at costco specifically. They are low in calories and sugar (super important) and have 30 grams of Protein. Muscle milk is ok, but get the light.

I eat a yogurt every single morning for Breakfast. The Oikos black is good because it is low in sugar and high in protein. Greek yogurt is better than regular. I really like Dannon Light & fit greek yogurt. It has 80 calories and 12 grams of protein. I add mandarin oranges to it for my fruit. I also get the no sugar added and packed in Water.

I hope this helps!!

How does the buddy thing work. I have no idea where to start

Hi Sharon, I'm a 30 yr old female in VA. Had gastric bypass 11/28/16.

I'm having mine in April or May depending on how fast insurance approves me. I will be pushing them.

Linda

I am also a newly getting thru the prerequisite stuff first. I only have two classes after Jan 20th and I am getting excited, a couple years ago I got down to 175 from 238 but gained it right back so I have saved slot of clothes with the hope that I will try to wear them again and it's not like I have a fortune to go buy clothes whenever my weight fluctuate which is very often. I need all the info I can get . Thanks, Patty