Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Year Surgery Update

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1484498921.432089.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1484498969.306622.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1484499172.501077.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1484499204.488872.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1484500564.705646.jpg

I hit my surgiversary on January 6, 2017 with 100 lbs lost. I had a total of 4 surgeries last year which slowed my weightloss down. One of those surgeries was losing my gallbladder on Oct 1, 2016. Since my diet was small portions with high Protein, low carbs, and low fat, it wasn't a problem for me after my gallbladder surgery. I incorporate my daily activities with walking and when the weather is good, I ride my bike. Since my weight came off at a slower rate, I don't have a lot of sagging skin. I need to tone my arms. That's about all. A nurse practitioner told me that I need to only eat Protein and not worry about my veggies because I get nutrients from my Vitamins. I think that is bad advice. We get told all the time, protein first, then veggies, then carbs. That is what I follow. My protein is sitting at 60-65 a day. Since I'm high protein, I have felt so good through this process. I throw in my Fiber by eating oatmeal bars or chia seeds or veggies. This has been a great journey. It's gone by extremely fast. We all have our habits whether we admit them or not. Just be sure you always stick to the reason why you chose to have weightloss surgery. The best advice I can give you, is keep the inside of your body as clean as possible. Indulge in special occasions but get right back to your basics. Be sure to take your Vitamins daily and if you fall off the wagon, go back to your basics and look through all your nutritional paperwork that you were given. Don't ever give up on yourself once you hit your goal. Stay clear, stay strong, think healthy. If you've come this far, don't ever fall back. We always had this smaller version of ourselves inside the bigger version, so don't forget that you don't want to cover up your smaller version. People will get jealous of you and they will ask you, are you losing weight, it's your choice if you tell them the truth. Be careful of who you tell, as they may tell everyone. Remember to choose your food choices wisely and if you get bored of Protein shakes, buy the powders and make your own. Research other protein supplements to get your protein in. Continue your journey and pride and reward yourself for your accomplishments!

I have 10 more lbs to go until I hit my goal and I know I'll accomplish it. Thank you for reading my post. I love myself and so glad my inner self is here!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you so much for sharing your journey! I am scheduled for the sleeve on the 27th and so needed your words of wisdom!!

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1484498921.432089.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1484498969.306622.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1484499172.501077.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1484499204.488872.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1484500564.705646.jpg

I hit my surgiversary on January 6, 2017 with 100 lbs lost. I had a total of 4 surgeries last year which slowed my weightloss down. One of those surgeries was losing my gallbladder on Oct 1, 2016. Since my diet was small portions with high protein, low carbs, and low fat, it wasn't a problem for me after my gallbladder surgery. I incorporate my daily activities with walking and when the weather is good, I ride my bike. Since my weight came off at a slower rate, I don't have a lot of sagging skin. I need to tone my arms. That's about all. A nurse practitioner told me that I need to only eat protein and not worry about my veggies because I get nutrients from my vitamins. I think that is bad advice. We get told all the time, protein first, then veggies, then carbs. That is what I follow. My protein is sitting at 60-65 a day. Since I'm high protein, I have felt so good through this process. I throw in my Fiber by eating oatmeal bars or chia seeds or veggies. This has been a great journey. It's gone by extremely fast. We all have our habits whether we admit them or not. Just be sure you always stick to the reason why you chose to have weightloss surgery. The best advice I can give you, is keep the inside of your body as clean as possible. Indulge in special occasions but get right back to your basics. Be sure to take your vitamins daily and if you fall off the wagon, go back to your basics and look through all your nutritional paperwork that you were given. Don't ever give up on yourself once you hit your goal. Stay clear, stay strong, think healthy. If you've come this far, don't ever fall back. We always had this smaller version of ourselves inside the bigger version, so don't forget that you don't want to cover up your smaller version. People will get jealous of you and they will ask you, are you losing weight, it's your choice if you tell them the truth. Be careful of who you tell, as they may tell everyone. Remember to choose your food choices wisely and if you get bored of Protein Shakes, buy the powders and make your own. Research other protein supplements to get your protein in. Continue your journey and pride and reward yourself for your accomplishments!

I have 10 more lbs to go until I hit my goal and I know I'll accomplish it. Thank you for reading my post. I love myself and so glad my inner self is here!

You look absolutely wonderful!

Hi everyone- thank you for all of your replies. I missed entering my starting weight. I'm 5'5 and I started at 267 and currently weigh 167. My goal weight is 160, so I have more to lose. I eat barley, potatoes, rice, and bread as carbs. I eat them last or with my bites of Protein with it. I eat about 5 to 6 times a day. I'm still at about 2-3 oz of food and I'm full. I never over eat. Once I begin to feel that my stomach is starting to feel the food is in there, I stop eating. I don't ever want my stomach to stretch. I've thrown up only once in a year and that was when my doctor gave the ok to eat regular food. But, that was my own learning curve. I used to be a huge milk drinker, and now I barely ever drink milk. I just don't like to be full. Do I cheat, well YES I do. I cheat with small things like chocolate and Creamer in my coffee. I love Funyuns but the salt can be bad for me. I stick to a lot of sugar-free foods as best as I can. I do drink wine or Vodka drinks from time to time. I'm a light weight. I really watch my sugar and it's because sugar makes me feel icky! Icky in the sense that I don't feel my body needs it. My body tells me if it can accept what I put into it. If I drink, I don't eat any sugars through the day. Remember drinking is ALL wasted calories - so watch yourself. It's important to always go back to your basics because we don't want to go back to being unhealthy and I chose to do the sleeve for a reason. I'm healthier now but don't want to revert back to old habits. This is why our doctors tell us don't do it! No sugar and no carbs at all! You have to do what they say and for a year. Then it's up to you throughout the rest of your life on what you put into your mouth. I eat a lot of eggs for Protein and my cholesterol is low so I'm good there. I eat cottage cheese and mostly always chicken. I also eat a lot of Pork. I'm Hawaiian so it's in my culture. I don't really eat fish but I will from time to time such as Talapia or Salmon. It's rare that I eat beef. It's so hard and heavy to digest. I eat cheese a lot but keep it very small in portion size. I've stayed away from the Zero Greek yogurt since October and it's because it triggers a memory for me of my gallbladder attack. That was the worst pain ever!! I had tons of gallstones in my gallbladder. One got stuck in the duct and I felt so much pain. Apparently, 30% of all of us will lose our gallbladder due to rapid weightloss. Some doctors take your gallbladder out at the same time so you don't go back in later. That was a crazy scary painful experience to go through. Ok, back to my foods... I drink Pure Protein Drinks that are canned. I also drink Isopure. Isopure comes in different flavors so if you are a juice drinker - get these drinks! It contains 40 grams of protein if you drink the whole thing. I put Chia seeds in my Protein Drinks. I also drink almond milk which has 10 grams of protein in a cup. I always eat my protein first and I honestly CRAVE protein if I don't have it. I drink Water but am bad staying hydrated. So, if I added drinking a ton of Water I bet I would lose weight at an even higher rate. I hope I answered everyone's questions. Thank you for all the support and wish you all the best. The first two weeks after surgery suck but moving forward it gets better. You lose about 30-50 pounds within the first 2-3 weeks!

Edited by Rose1up!

Amazing! You look so beautiful! Congratulations on your new healthy lifestyle!

Wow! Love your post. Im sure you're proud , you look so good. Your positive words are an inspiration to me. I'm preop. Surgery in April or May.

Sent from my LGL62VL using the BariatricPal App

You look amazing and give me hope that I can acheive similar results. Thank you for your wise words. Will remember them. Am getting sleeved on 3rd Feb so start my 2 week liquid diet in few days. I know it will be hard but am determined to do it properly.

Sent from my SM-G903F using the BariatricPal App

You have beautiful words of truth!!!! You ROCK!!!! Yes, we all have that thin person inside!!!!! I'm

Glad we could find her!!!????????????

Congratulations on your success.....you look amazing

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App