Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Posting about fast food and unhealthy junk

Why!?!? Why do that to yourself? I just fon't understand it.

Shit, there are days when i drive past checkers and wish i had fries. But i don't need it.

What i really don't understand is why make the post in the first place if you know most people aren't going to give you the supportive answers you're looking for?

What's the point of even being in a support group then if you're doing all that? We all want to see everyone succeed but that's not the way to go about it.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

agreed!!

****, there are days when i drive past checkers and wish i had fries. But i don't need it.

What i really don't understand is why make the post in the first place if you know most people aren't going to give you the supportive answers you're looking for?

What's the point of even being in a support group then if you're doing all that? We all want to see everyone succeed but that's not the way to go about it.

Be careful or you will be banned just like LipstickLady and Babbs!! You're not allowed to ruffle feathers! I'll be next!

****, there are days when i drive past checkers and wish i had fries. But i don't need it.

Be careful or you will be banned just like LipstickLady and Babbs!! You're not allowed to ruffle feathers! I'll be next!
. What???!!!! Babbs is gone too?????

. What???!!!! Babbs is gone too?????

Yep, she was banned with no explanation also!! We are all over at ObesityHelp!!

Perhaps she ws just seeing if anyone else has these cravings? To the OP, yes, I have the same feelings on occasion while passing an old hunt. Heck it has been 25 years since I quit smoking, and occasionally I get the craving when I smel a cigarette.

No i read the post. They literally admitted that as soon as they are able to put crap back in their bodies they will do so. They wanted to know what fast food resturants they should go to and so on.

Yeah i hope i don't get banned. I just try to help. I wish they would ban the negative weirdos that make posts about crap instead.

That's something I don't understand as well. Everyone who's browsing the boards for a while knows that there will be harsh answers. Trolling?

And why should I make a post about some Gummy worms I've eaten a few minutes ago anyway? So I've eaten them a few minutes ago. Now what? I neither need absolution nor tough love a kick in the bee-hind.

Edited by summerset

@@xoxococojay

On one hand I think it is important for people to know that they can have a "normal" life long term post-op. I eat out. I don't eat crap but I eat out. Like for example there is a sandwich place near my office. I order the Italian beef, they put it in a cup with Au Jus and cheese for me. So yeah I'm eating out but there are zero carbs there.

My issue with that post is that person is not even going to try and lead a healthy life at all. They are right back on the trash peasant food wagon as soon as they get a chance. Then 6 to 9 months from now they will be posting how RNY failed them, and they regret surgery, never lost weight and can't get back on track. Well it is pretty much impossible to get back on track when you never started on track.

I don't like those posts, but it reminds me of how much I have accomplished by changing my attitude towards food and also how easy it is to slide back into old habits if you don't change your attitude about food.

So let those posts keep coming. You can find knowledge and victory in other peoples failures.

I have an associate that had RNY (I feel like RNY people are the least compliant post op, they think malabsorption is going to save them forever), she lost a lot of weight the first year. Then she stopped losing. She NEVER changed her attitude about food. Kept going out to eat all the time with her family, she just ate less. She never cooked. Never learned nutrition. She started out super morbidly obese, but she is still obese now, her BMI is such she would still qualify for surgery right now today and she over 4 years post-op. Her failure at using her tool properly and learning was my guide on what not to do.

So let people make fools of themselves and learn from their mistakes. You can't save everyone, just worry about yourself.

I guess the same can be said why do you read the post if it upsets you that much? I don't mean to upset you, but I still indulge in fast food. Had some Taco Bell this past week and still lost 5 pounds this week and 210 pounds overall. Many normal sized and healthy people still east fast food from time to time. I have a pretty rigid diet but leaving open the possibility of having a fast food meal once a week and don't have to beat myself up over it. Ultimately, who cares what some stranger on a forum eats?

@@sgc

This is supposed to be a support site to help people with their weight loss. So lots of posts that are counter productive to that goal doesn't really make sense.

Plus someone who is like 2 week post-op writing long detailed posts about tucking into a burger and fries as soon as they is the kind of thing, we as supportive helpful WLS patients should be trying to discourage. We are supposed to be helping each other achieve healthy positive goals.

If we aren't going to do that what is the point.

This post is also in rants, so OP can rant all she wants.

@@sgc

This is supposed to be a support site to help people with their weight loss. So lots of posts that are counter productive to that goal doesn't really make sense.

Plus someone who is like 2 week post-op writing long detailed posts about tucking into a burger and fries as soon as they is the kind of thing, we as supportive helpful WLS patients should be trying to discourage. We are supposed to be helping each other achieve healthy positive goals.

If we aren't going to do that what is the point.

This post is also in rants, so OP can rant all she wants.

I suppose I could counter rant. I haven't come across these threads that people rant about. Maybe I don't read enough.

@@sgc

This is the post/thread she is talking about here.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/387820-fast-food-questions/

It isn't the only one like this, this seems to pop up a lot. This isn't your typical, will I ever be able to have pizza again post.

It is a long thought out post by someone with an obvious food addiction that is not ready for surgery but had it anyway.

Ultimately, who cares what some stranger on a forum eats?

On this board: a lot of people. :lol:

Anyway, I still don't know why people post so much about eating fast food here as this board is very judgmental when it comes to eating fast food. The harsh posts will come for sure. Is it to actively provoke that kind of reaction?

I hope that people are just trolling, but it seems more like validation.

Like I said here and in the original thread. I eat fast food. I don't post online asking permission to do so. I also eat things that fit my macros, because I track my food and macros every single day.