Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op liquid diet misery and C-PAP machine crap

Ok, i'm sorry but i really need to vent about two things. First, today is day 1 of a 10-day liquid diet and i'm admittedly miserable. I'm at work hating everyone and everything, i know this is necessary and will benefit me long-term, but i really just needed a bitch session. Also, secondly i had sleep study as a pre-op guideline from the surgeon and found out i had sleep apnea, this was Halloween night. I've been fighting to get a C-PAP machine since, if it's not one thing it's another. First it was my insurance, then it was my doctor sending in the wrong forms, or leaving out his first name causing chaos and making the process not run smoothy. At my pre-op, my doctors said since i didn't have a C-PAP using oxygen while in the hospital was fine. I got a call Thursday saying it wasn't fine and i need to get a C-PAP before surgery, my surgery date is Jan. 23rd--yes, that's in 10 days. I have been calling the place everything was faxed to and apparently they're STILL waiting on some form from my PCP. I am at my whits end, i don't know what to do....not only am i hungry but i have to deal with this C-PAP drama.

Do they know you have time constraints? Call them and keep after them! I hope you feel better soon, but I absolutely understand how much the liquid diet sucks and makes coping tough. Hang in there. It's all worth it!

I was fighting NOT to get the CPAP machine because I knew I would hate it. It is definitely going back after surgery. I have tried using it every night since I have it..I haven't used it a full night yet. My surgery date is Jan.23, so I'm day 6 of my liquid diet. I feel starved but I'm hanging tough. Good luck with your machine...I would send you mine , but I have to have it for my surgery date. Good luck! Keep fighting with the company, don't let this be the reason for a surgery date change!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Call a medical device rental place, local or online. Rent it yourself for the duration of your hospital stay and then return it. Around here they run about $75- $90 a month. It's a small price to pay for not pushing back your surgery.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

Ok, i'm sorry but i really need to vent about two things. First, today is day 1 of a 10-day liquid diet and i'm admittedly miserable. I'm at work hating everyone and everything, i know this is necessary and will benefit me long-term, but i really just needed a b***h session. Also, secondly i had sleep study as a pre-op guideline from the surgeon and found out i had sleep apnea, this was Halloween night. I've been fighting to get a C-PAP machine since, if it's not one thing it's another. First it was my insurance, then it was my doctor sending in the wrong forms, or leaving out his first name causing chaos and making the process not run smoothy. At my pre-op, my doctors said since i didn't have a C-PAP using oxygen while in the hospital was fine. I got a call Thursday saying it wasn't fine and i need to get a C-PAP before surgery, my surgery date is Jan. 23rd--yes, that's in 10 days. I have been calling the place everything was faxed to and apparently they're STILL waiting on some form from my PCP. I am at my whits end, i don't know what to do....not only am i hungry but i have to deal with this C-PAP drama.

@@justhere4theshow yes, i've made them aware of time constraints. i may have gotten through to them finally! i have an appointment to get fitted for one Tuesday morning.

Edited by cls5186

@@lisaann0321 today is better than yesterday, BUT i'm still starving for real food i can chew! haha

@@dottiewalker1127 the only time i've ever tried one is during my sleep study back in October, i'm projecting i'll also hate it. My surgery is Jan. 23rd too! I'll be thinking about you on our surgery date, good luck!

@@Vinasu i thought of that! if this doesn't pan out, that's the route i'll have to go.

Sorry you are having such drama! I have been using a CPAP for about 3 years now, and I really did hate it for a while when I first got it. You will need to try different masks until you find one that you can tolerate. I absolutely cannot sleep without mine now, if I don't put it on I wake myself up snoring. You will get used to it eventually, just give it some time and remember that its for your health! This is a journey to get healthy all the way around! Hope you can get it straightened out soon. :)

Just wanted to mention that CPAPs really do get better-- I can't sleep without mine either. Ditto finding a mask that really works. I am hoping that surgery will reverse my sleep apnea because it makes traveling a pain, but after a few months I really did get used to the machine (and Treating the apnea helped my migraines)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I too am scheduled for my gastric bypass on 1/23. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in October and started using the CPAP in November. I did not have any problems adapting to it and like a few others, sleep so much better with it. Hopefully your fitting goes well and you have the same experience.

The liquid diet is easier now than it was a week ago, for sure, but definitely boring. We've committed this far and can make it one more week until the next chapter, right?

Good Luck with your fitting and your surgery.