Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need recommendation for post-op clothes - up to 7 days for walk about town in Mexico

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I'm wondering what's the best type of clothes to wear after the operation. I prefer pants over dresses. I just bought a pair of stretchy but tight jeggings but they have a zipper and button closure at belly button. I might take them back as I think they might be too uncomfortable. I have another pair of jeggings that don't have a zipper and button. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

In Tijuana right now. Had VSG on Tuesday, going site seeing today. I love my leggings (can buy some cheap ones at Walmart), light and easy to roll up. Can wear w anything that you r comfy in.

Sent from my SM-G900H using the BariatricPal App

I would avoid zippers. All the girls had leggings or sweats. Wear what you'd wear at home. Right now here is layer weather 40s night 50/60s day which is not the norm. Don't over pack. A few comfy tops and light sweater or sweatshirt type. Best service, have no fears.

Sent from my SM-G900H using the BariatricPal App

Leggings w/o any zipper...or sweats. DEFINITELY the way to go... Comfortable and also (important) easy to get out of should you have any "post-op gastro-intestinal distress" and need to make mad dashes to the nearest bathroom.

Been there/ experienced that post op...and was grateful for cooperative clothes ;)

Definitely elastic pants and sports bras. One of the incisions is right where my bra band goes across and you wouldn't want anything hard or stiff there. I wore yoga pants most of the time that I was there.

I'm wondering.... seens that a lot of people are having this procedure done in TJ.... is it cheaper, or are they just amazing?? I'm in houston, and i like the dr i have. Just a curious question.

Oh, and even though i haven't has the surgery yet, inwould definitely gonwith stretchy lounge pants, no buttons/zippers!! Be as comfortable as possible, i say!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

I'm wondering.... seens that a lot of people are having this procedure done in TJ.... is it cheaper, or are they just amazing?? I'm in houston, and i like the dr i have. Just a curious question.

Oh, and even though i haven't has the surgery yet, inwould definitely gonwith stretchy lounge pants, no buttons/zippers!! Be as comfortable as possible, i say!!

TJ is kind of the center of "medical tourism" in Mexico. It's a popular destination for not only WLS, but plastic surgery, dental surgery, and lasik. There are MANY world class surgeons there, working in various fields. And the prices are usually about 1/3-1/2 what they would be in the US. The level of competition there keeps prices lower and seems to really increase the level of care, because all of their business is generated by word of mouth, reviews, and personal experiences.

There are definitely some hacks performing surgeries in less-than-ideal conditions for really cut-rate prices, so you have to do some due diligence in your research. But as long as you do that, you can be pretty confident in the surgeon, facility, and level of care for a reasonable price.

Legging, sweats, jogging type pants. I had some w a draw string worked great

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

TJ is kind of the center of "medical tourism" in Mexico. It's a popular destination for not only WLS, but plastic surgery, dental surgery, and lasik. There are MANY world class surgeons there, working in various fields. And the prices are usually about 1/3-1/2 what they would be in the US. The level of competition there keeps prices lower and seems to really increase the level of care, because all of their business is generated by word of mouth, reviews, and personal experiences.

There are definitely some hacks performing surgeries in less-than-ideal conditions for really cut-rate prices, so you have to do some due diligence in your research. But as long as you do that, you can be pretty confident in the surgeon, facility, and level of care for a reasonable price.

Thanks for that, JamieLogical!! That's what i'd be worried about; the shady ones. I appreciate your info!!! Super helpful/insightful! ????????

one of my incisions was where my bra would sit, so I second do not wear a underwire, at most a sports bra, or go a'natural if possible. I'd also avoid pants that come to the waist. Try for some pants that ride on your hip to avoid rubbing against your incisions. I had my biggest incision next to my belly button.