Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 Months and 75 Pounds

Celebrating my 75 pound loss over the last 7 months and only 25 to go.

The lap band didn't work for me - it was one of the worst decisions of my life.

I had it removed in March and in June I had the Gastric Bypass. It was one of the best decisions of my life.

I can eat anything healthy. Tried a Protein Bar that was a little high in sugar and got sick - so I assume I'm a dumper, which is a good thing.

I'm in my mid-60's.

My surgeon expected me to lose about 40 pounds - so reality was a pleasant surprise.

Bypass is not for everyone - but it is definitely awesome for me.

Hi waterwoman,

I am also 60 years old. Good to meet you!! You have done excellent with your weight. I have a story about the Lap Band, my hubby had his for 13years. It malfunctioned (pretty common)he went to have it removed and do a revision to the RNY, that didn't go well. The band had eroded into his liver. So they took out his band and his gallbladder. So he ended up with abscesses and was so sick for 9 months and 3 of the months he doesn't remember. He did finally go to Mexico and had the Sleeve done. This was in June. He is doing ok. I had my RNY 3 and 1/2 years go. I lost 132#'s in 6 months. I did have a few problems with strictures so I think this is why I lost so fast. I gained 8#'s back, but both of my Dr's were ok They said I was losing muscle so it was a good thing. I have maintained my 124#' weight loss for 3 years. I feel the same as you about being one of the very best things I have ever done. I am so Thankful that I am now a normal sized person which I have not been since I was 20 years old. I look forward to following your Journey. Again Welcome.

Congratulations @@shedo82773 on losing and maintaining!

So sorry to hear about your husband's struggles.

Best wishes to you both.

Edited by waterwoman