Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my first visit with the surgeon today. I'm pretty excited! Anyone else just beginning their journey as well? What are some of your requirements?

Recently my insurance (BCBS NC) has changed the requirements to include a 12 month diet prior to seeking surgery :(, but the office I chose informed me they've submitted a patients info recently to the same insurance company without the actual diet but with a lot of documentation and it has been approved so I have my fingers crossed!! I have several co-morbidities and a lot of weight loss attempts

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am just beginning my journey as well. I had my first consukt on January 10th. My requirements are that I have to lose 10% of my body weight which is 28 pounds, I have to have biweekly weigh ins to know I am losing weight. I have to have a PAP smear done, chest xray and gallbladder ultrasound, I also have to stop smoking 6 weeks prior to surgery (I dont smoke cigarettes, just weed), Ive already had all of my blood work done and the EKG. And lastly the psych evulation I have to doa. Luckily I dont have to do a 3 month or 6 month supervised diet. I can have a surgery date depending on how fast I get all the things checked off my list. So Im shooting for March, Im just worried I wont be able to do march because it will cost me about $6000 that I dont have, but they said if I can come up with half they can work with me....so depending on my finances I may have to wait until May unfortunately. I wish you the best of luck on your journey!!

Goodness.. 6000$!?!?

They have pretty much all my pre-op testing scheduled for this coming week, excited but nervous.

I still need my EKG, I don't know when I'll have that

Good luck to you too!!

I'm just starting out too. My insurance requires a 3 month medically supervised diet. I started that in November.

My first surgical visit, to meet my surgeon, is 1/30/17. I'm very excited!

Good luck! I'm hoping my insurance will approve with documentation of all my attempts

Which surgery are you interested in?

I'm going for RNY and the thing that sucks most is I have to pay my deductible prior to surgery! I have a spin down deductible and it is currently $6700.00!

I have almost all the money saved, so hopefully I'll get a surgery date in February or March.

I am also getting the RNY, I'm hoping we submit everything at my next appointment and I can get a tentative surgery date around the same time as well

Goodness that's a lot! I have read some surgeons will work with you and let you pay, others want everything in full prior to surgery

I'll reach my out of pocket maximum after an appointment I have tomorrow

I got my RNY in May 2016 and I'm doing very well my start weight was 360 I'm now at 196 as of today. I walk 1500 steps a day eat right and drink lots of Walter I will say this I do get gas but it's not bad I work my program follow what my doctors tell Mr to do.

Sent from my SM-P607T using the BariatricPal App

Hello, I'm new to the forum... I've been doing research on the Gastric Sleeve then I decided that the bypass is the better option for me... I know my insurance will cover the procedure...and I also know there's several hoops I got to take before getting approved.I've done my research and already contacted the surgeon of my choice and got some information. I can't continue to be unhealthy anymore.To those of you that have gotten the bypass...Where did you have your procedure done? Any complications? How did your family & friends react? How are you dealing with the lifestyle changes? And what steps did have to take to get approved by your insurance .

I got my RNY in May 2016 and I'm doing very well my start weight was 360 I'm now at 196 as of today. I walk 1500 steps a day eat right and drink lots of Walter I will say this I do get gas but it's not bad I work my program follow what my doctors tell Mr to do.

That's wonderful! The gas wouldn't bother either as long as I'm healthier.

Have you had any issues with loose skin?

You will be Gas X will become your best friend

As to my skin yes my arms and thighs but I work out and maybe in a year I may look for some help, but for today I work on it

Hello, I'm new to the forum... I've been doing research on the Gastric Sleeve then I decided that the bypass is the better option for me... I know my insurance will cover the procedure...and I also know there's several hoops I got to take before getting approved.I've done my research and already contacted the surgeon of my choice and got some information. I can't continue to be unhealthy anymore.To those of you that have gotten the bypass...Where did you have your procedure done? Any complications? How did your family & friends react? How are you dealing with the lifestyle changes? And what steps did have to take to get approved by your insurance .

I did the same also and chose RNY, my surgeon agreed with me

Insurance is difficult to deal with I heard, my case manager at the surgeons office has been wonderful and she's been on a roll preparing everything for me. Hopefully you get lucky and get a great one, they can be so helpful!

As to my skin yes my arms and thighs but I work out and maybe in a year I may look for some help, but for today I work on it

That's good you only have 2 areas with loose skin, in my research phase I've seen people have it all over. I did hear working out really helps to tone, I enjoy working out for most part so hopefully that will help me a lot

@@bnicolexo Thanks for responding. And I forgot to mention that I've been seeing a dietitian for three months prior to scheduling my appointment for my initial consultation. Is that a good thing? And does that count as a medical supervised diet program?

Sent from my iPhone.

Edited by Just_Weight