Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I see a menu please?

@@WitchySar You've found foods that work for you, so since you're pretty limited in your range, eating more of those same foods is probably your best bet. 500 calories a day isn't sustainable long-term, the side effects from eating so few calories will outweigh (har har) any good that you'll see in the form of weight loss.

You may have to relax your carb restriction in order to get enough nutrition in. (not sure what your carb limit is, and if that was set by your doc/nutritionist or not) 50g/day is the general cutoff for ketosis, but each person is a little different. If your goal is to stay in ketosis, you can get urine dip sticks that let you test for it, and you can do some experimenting to find your personal limit. I'd recommend getting an appointment with the nutritionist or someone on your surgical team to discuss your specific diet issues. I get VERY ill in ketosis, and my team doesn't push low carb like some other teams, so I'm doing well with a higher carb limit but staying away from simple carbs and sugars (so far, don't know what it'll mean further down the road).

Also, since you can eat eggs ok, there are Protein powders that are egg white based that might not give you the issues you're getting with the whey.

Have you tried the Isopure pre-made drinks? I think they taste like gatorade, and are not as filling. I'm struggling with my Protein since I'm just not that hungry and the shakes actually make me feel bad. Maybe I'm drinking them too fast, but Isopure is the only Protein supplement I'm tolerating right now.

Have you tried the Isopure pre-made drinks? I think they taste like gatorade, and are not as filling. I'm struggling with my Protein since I'm just not that hungry and the shakes actually make me feel bad. Maybe I'm drinking them too fast, but Isopure is the only Protein supplement I'm tolerating right now.

There are several other brands of "clear" Protein Drinks as well... One called Protein2O and Atkins Lift. I didn't care for them, but it's an individual taste thing. I liked the Syntrax Nectars especially Roadside Lemonade, but found I needed to blend them in a blender and then let them sit until the foam settled, then they were OK.

Also, you might try freezing some of these clear Protein Drinks. I got ice pop style ziploc bags from Amazon and did that with the lemonade Syntrax to help get both fluids and protein down early on.

You've probably already tried it, but you might have better luck with the GENEPRO if you mix it with savory stuff like bouillon or stock - I liked the chicken bouillon best. I found it didn't clump if I mixed the powder with lukewarm Water in my blender and then mixed it into the hot liquid. unjury has a protein chicken Soup that's pretty decent, but I liked my own powder mixed in bouillon better.

wow that must be hard. I agree to try the egg Protein powders. i have a whey aversion now, though i can tolerate premier (I think it is a mix). I would not have gotten close to the Protein goals on food alone at your stage. and even at my 6 week check in the dietitian acknowledged that almost nobody can meet protein goals that early on.

I usually do a premier Protein shake for Breakfast, some deli meat (shaved) or shrimp or a baked chicken thigh, and for dinner I will either do more shrimp, or shredded chicken breast with some sauce and a little bit of riced cauliflower.

I try to vary my meals, and when I eat out (I'm in college so that's decently often) I split meals into two or three. In between meals I snack on mozzarella cheese pearls (5g of Protein per oz) and sip on Syntrax nectar. (23 G protein.) the nectar is good because it counts for my Clear liquids as well.

Thank you all for the suggestions, examples, and encouragement. I get to go on a full diet on the 30th, I really can't wait for that day. I can start eating a proper low carb diet again (in much smaller portions than before lol). I'm just going to keep trying to reach my goals and hopefully I'll get a little better every day.

Today so far I'm at 345 calories, 26 Protein, and 4 carbs. If I can manage to get in another 2 *meals* then maybe I'll actually meet my goals. That'd be awesome.

I had heated deli meat with cheese and mayo, yogurt, chicken with ranch, ground turkey as taco meat with cheese and sour cream, and some steamed veggies.

I'm having a hard time getting fluids in so despite the high sugar amount and carbs I've been drinking orange juice. I feel so much better since drinking it too.

@@WitchySar - Check out this egg white smoothie. I swear it tastes great, just be sure to use pasteurized egg whites...

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/387630-egg-white-smoothie/