Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WLS in uclh london UK?

Anyone out there had WLS under the NHS in uclh London? How was it? Can you share your experience?

Had mine done in Luton on November 7th, few issues but things are starting to settle down. You must follow the feeding plan and take your time over everything, even drinking Water. Little sips mean it will stay inside you. Best of luck.

Sent from my HTC 10 using the BariatricPal App

i wish you luck and hope all goes well. they are a wonderful team. may i ask who your surgeon will be?

I will also be having him. waiting for my surgery date. heard he is a wonderful, experienced surgeon.

I was quite nervous during my consultation at first but he totally put me at ease with his manner and professionalism. It was nice to talk to someone who actually understood why i was there and that i had actually tried every diet going in the past with little or no success. I am getting more excited,anxious about the surgery now. Am always thinking about it now and i know its going to be hard but am looking forward to making the most of this chance to better my health and actually start living instead of hiding away whilst hopefully looking good. Good luck on your journey too xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using the BariatricPal App

I researched a lot into the sleeve. At the consultation, Jenkinson told me that i will be more successful with the bypass. i'm really nervous. i dont know many people who've had the bypass, as the sleeve is much more popular. people tell me that i can trust him and he knows what he's talking about, and he really does sound knowledgeable. i'm just not too excited to have my innards moved around. Also, it seems to me, according to what I've read, that there is a higher risk of complications with the bypass. i couldn't ask Jenkinson too many questions during the consultation as i didn't know much about the bypass. i am thinking of making a private appointment with him to ask him why he thinks the bypass is better for me, and to answer all my questions. i am ready and looking forward for surgery and i know complications can and do happen, but still i wanna feel that i am making the right choice.

There is alot of good advice in these forums from people who have had bypass or sleeve. The team at uclh always stress to phone with any queries so I would do that as they will put your mind at ease. X

Sent from my SM-G903F using the BariatricPal App

Hi, I had the bypass in November 2014 at that time i wore a size 26 and it was stretched to its limits but I wouldn't get a bigger size i was so ashamed of myself. I will admit I was terrified , I was the last lady down for surgery that day (17) and when I woke in intensive care I felt wonderful, yes I had some discomfort but I knew that I would lose my weight and a big emotional weight lifted off me, I swear it helped me recover faster.

I was kicked out of intensive care after 2 hours and sent to a regular ward. I had a few problems initially with my new stomach but it was quickly sorted ( i couldn't drink cold Water everything had to be tepid or I was sick) but it was the start of the new me . I am now wearing size 14 and I'm still losing weight although more slowly now , I go out and enjoy myself with friends and even wore a bikini on holiday earlier this month ( key hole surgery ,love it no big scars).

So if you are still trying to work out which op to go for my vote is the bypass as once it is done that's it, no more filling and adjusting the band , or worries it may slip. you can't over eat because after eating a small amount you are full. The downside is you do need to have a B12 injection every 12 weeks and to take Calcium and Vitamin tablets.

Well whatever you chose ladies ( and gents) I wish you all the best.

Chysalis2butterfly