Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm glad you called and checked with your doctor- that is generally the best bet. Beyond that, as someone else suggested, maybe try PB2. One serving has 45 calories, but 5g of Protein. Regular Peanut Butter has too much sugar and even 40 months post-op it still makes me sick. I get hot, sweaty, and breathe fast, which was way worse right after surgery, so PB& J wasn't something I had near the start. I do sometimes have half of one now, or even a Smuckers Uncrustable, which is just enough to hit my sweet tooth, but not enough that it makes me feel sick or that it totally kills my day in calories. If you find that the regular Peanut Butter doesn't work for you, PB2 tastes really good, is not terrible for you, and it also goes really great in a Protein shake.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi I'm about 4 weeks out and my stomach is slowly accepting different foods. Is it ok if I have a pb&j sandwich? Will it effect my sleeve? Of course it'll be one slice of bread cut in half I can't eat a whole sandwich but I was wondering if anyone has had it???? Just concerned about it being sticky etc. thanks and please don't leave any negative comments. :)

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Disclaimer: I haven't read a single post in this thread....simply quoting you and replying.

4 weeks out and eating a Peanut Butter & jelly sandwich ???????

Really ???

Does this seem like a good plan to you ?

I can say with absolute certainty that PB&J was one of the many foods I abused that brought me to the point of having wls to get past my obesity and related health issues.

I don't give a damn if I ever see another PB&J sandwich.

I'd much rather get lean and live lean.

There is no food that holds any power over me that I'd want to return to if it was part of my demise.

Figure out the foods that work best as your new fuels and consume those in the correct quantities. Forget about the rest.

Hi I'm about 4 weeks out and my stomach is slowly accepting different foods. Is it ok if I have a pb&j sandwich? Will it effect my sleeve? Of course it'll be one slice of bread cut in half I can't eat a whole sandwich but I was wondering if anyone has had it???? Just concerned about it being sticky etc. thanks and please don't leave any negative comments. :)

Disclaimer: I haven't read a single post in this thread....simply quoting you and replying.

Really ???

I can say with absolute certainty that PB&J was one of the many foods I abused that brought me to the point of having wls to get past my obesity and related health issues.

There is no food that holds any power over me that I'd want to return to if it was part of my demise.

Figure out the foods that work best as your new fuels and consume those in the correct quantities. Forget about the rest.

Oh okay...... aw that's sad, everyone gets surgery for different reasons not only obesity.

Yes 4 weeks and yes I can eat it so I will.

Thanks

Really ???

Oh okay...... aw that's sad, everyone gets surgery for different reasons not only obesity.

Thanks

Do what makes you feel good.............if knocking out a 1/2 a PB&J sammich is what it takes to keep you clean the rest of the time......then hell yes.....rock on!!! I suggest Skippy PB, btw. Any jelly is good as long as it's Smucker's Grape.

I choose to get my "indulgence" calories in other ways.

It's all good. Whatever it takes to keep you strict most of the time.

Sorry I came off like I was preaching. Far from it. Just a dude who is very happy now that he's a leaner dude.

Im almost 3 weeks out and pb&j would absolutely kill me. No way i would eat bread or thing thick and sticky.

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

So you're almost 3 weeks out, good for you! How is your comment relevant to my post and question?

You can't relate because you're not there yet and it seems like your stomach isn't anywhere near healed yet since you said "would absolutely kill me" and you are still in week 2 .... good luck

I hit the three week mark in 2 days so im not that far out. Is there that big of a difference between week 3 and week 4? I understand if you felt attacked by peoples comments but why did you post if you didnt want peoples feedback. This is a learning experience for all of us and you were probably more upset at the answer since you wanted to eat a particular food. I get it, sorry you felt my comment wasnt relavent i wont respond to your comments anymore since you are so much more further along than i am.

Really ???

Thanks

Do what makes you feel good.............if knocking out a 1/2 a PB&J sammich is what it takes to keep you clean the rest of the time......then hell yes.....rock on!!! I suggest Skippy PB, btw. Any jelly is good as long as it's Smucker's Grape.

I choose to get my "indulgence" calories in other ways.

It's all good. Whatever it takes to keep you strict most of the time.

Sorry I came off like I was preaching. Far from it. Just a dude who is very happy now that he's a leaner dude.

No worries I understand that you're just trying to help! I appreciate it thank u

Im almost 3 weeks out and pb&j would absolutely kill me. No way i would eat bread or thing thick and sticky.

So you're almost 3 weeks out, good for you! How is your comment relevant to my post and question?

You can't relate because you're not there yet and it seems like your stomach isn't anywhere near healed yet since you said "would absolutely kill me" and you are still in week 2 .... good luck

I hit the three week mark in 2 days so im not that far out. Is there that big of a difference between week 3 and week 4? I understand if you felt attacked by peoples comments but why did you post if you didnt want peoples feedback. This is a learning experience for all of us and you were probably more upset at the answer since you wanted to eat a particular food. I get it, sorry you felt my comment wasnt relavent i wont respond to your comments anymore since you are so much more further along than i am.

Aww Jessi don't take it the wrong way, what I meant is that when I was about 10 days or more out personally I couldn't do much but eat applesauce that time was very difficult for me. Now I feel much better and are cleared for reg food. So at that time I wasn't commenting on posts that I couldn't relate to.

Aww Jessi don't take it the wrong way, what I meant is that when I was about 10 days or more out personally I couldn't do much but eat applesauce that time was very difficult for me. Now I feel much better and are cleared for reg food. So at that time I wasn't commenting on posts that I couldn't relate to.

So did you eat it? How did it go?

I don't recommend soft bread this early out.

If you are dying for the taste, a thin crispy cracker would probably work better. :)

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

There's a difference of being cleared for all foods and eating all foods. I'm on regular texture too but my plan calls for no bread, potatoes, corn, peas, or any other refined carb. These types of food will sabotage your weight loss efforts. If you feel you have to have it, eat PB2 powdered Peanut Butter mixed with whole fruit spread. Don't eat the bread, at all!

PB

PB has been allowed in my post op since week 3. I have always eaten sugar free jelly since I am diabetic. You know you. You know if you're getting in your Protein and you know what your calories look like. You know your triggers and you know what your will power is like. Turn off the noise (as you have been...lol). Hope it hit the spot.