Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As a kid I had been heavier but then in my teen years I had lost all my weight and almost looked way to skinny. After I turned 18 I gained a ton of weight from depression and I'd fluctuate weight as I'd lose 50 lbs when pregnant but then all the weight came back after having a baby. Now after 3 babies I am 275 lbs and the heaviest I have ever been. I'm miserable as I can't keep up with my kids who are 7,5, and 1. I'm scheduled to have surgery February 9 and I've been fighting the anxiety from having surgery and how my kids will react from me being limited to what I can and can't do right after surgery. I know I need this surgery more then ever but I always put everyone especially my kids before myself. I'm scared of failing or the what ifs of having complications but yesterday we were at a birthday party and this photo was taken of me and it hit me that surgery in a month is the best thing I can do for ME!!! So here's to my journey, the good, the bad, and the ugly!!! post-305262-14838988640955_thumb.jpg post-305262-14838988874224_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by dpeters88

Look at it from a different perspective. If you die prematurely from medical conditions related to obesity, who will lose out. It will be your kids. How will they cope? So take care of yourself so you can take care of your kids.

Look at it from a different perspective. If you die prematurely from medical conditions related to obesity, who will lose out. It will be your kids. How will they cope? So take care of yourself so you can take care of your kids.

You are very right, I want to live a long healthy life as I'm only 28 years old. I want to be around to see my kids get married and have a family of their own.

If this is what you really want, GO FOR IT!!! You are young and should be healthy for your kids. I was heavy all the time my kids were growing up. Of course, they knew me as always dieting. My daughter had a weight problem, but I never said anything to her about it. I didn't want her to develop an eating disorder. So all she knew was her MOM being on a diet. At 7 years old, she would say Look, MOM,I'm skinnying down. Just because this is what she heard about me. Now she has fought the weight loss dilemma. I had my RNY when I was 57yo. I won't say I wished I would have had it earlier because I don't feel I was really ready for the changes that we go thru. I hope you do AMAZING THINGS!!! I can't wait to see your Journey!!

I had my surgery sept 14. My weight was 276 lbs the day of surgery: I have a 3 yr old, 2 yr old and a 6 month old at the time. Almost 4 month postop I'm at 204lbs and feel great! I was so worried as well. But my kids see how much more energy I have and they love it even more! It's an amazing journey!

I had my surgery sept 14. My weight was 276 lbs the day of surgery: I have a 3 yr old, 2 yr old and a 6 month old at the time. Almost 4 month postop I'm at 204lbs and feel great! I was so worried as well. But my kids see how much more energy I have and they love it even more! It's an amazing journey!

How did your baby and 2 yr old handle you not being able to hold them for a few weeks after surgery? Were you nursing your baby? Did it affect your supply at all? You've had great progress!

How did your baby and 2 yr old handle you not being able to hold them for a few weeks after surgery? Were you nursing your baby? Did it affect your supply at all? You've had great progress!

We stayed with my parents for 2 weeks she helped me with the younger two . I was nursing up until about a month before surgery the surgeon wanted me to dry out by surgery.

ONE DAY AT A TIME, lovely lady! This journey is truly a blessing and an amazing tool, so embrace it and let it work with you to get where you want to be. Time to take care of yourself a bit so you can be there for your kids. And just think of all the good health lessons you can teach them so that maybe they can avoid being where you went! Take care of yourself always.

Go for it don't doubt, my RNY was recently Dec 28/16 I feel fabulous, on my third day I had so much energy, I cleaned , map , my family was scared became was so soon , the reality I never feel so energetic in my life . My diabetic, high blood pressure and fatty liver consumed my energy old the time . I know is so soon to lose all my pounds but I am on my way.post-307504-14840808437076_thumb.jpg post-307504-1484080880871_thumb.jpg post-307504-14840809266_thumb.jpg post-307504-14840809984265_thumb.jpg

When did you start picking up your 6 month old? I have a 18 lb baby and am 2 weeks post. I miss picking him up

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App