Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

did anyone NOT lose tons of hair?

My hair has never been thick and I've been growing it out for 2 years but I keep seeing threads about losing tons and it's terrifying me! I am just about 3 months out which is close to when it seems to start. Does this happen to everyone? Just looking for a ray of hope I suppose, lol.

I have baby fine, thin hair. I have NOT lost tons of hair. I did notice more shedding at 3 or 4 mths out. Went to hairdresser yesterday and he didn't notice I had lost any and I've been going to him for 20 years! He said that there isn't really anything that can be done about it.

@@10stackzz no, the Hair loss post op doesn't have to do with Vitamins. You could take them by the truckload for years before surgery and they would have no effect on post-op hair loss. If you decide to take them as a precautionary measure thinking it can't hurt -- keep in mind that many people find they don't help with hair loss on your head but will help you grow a thick crop of hair on your face, belly, legs, etc.

One of my nutritionists told me Protein...she said nothing can guarantee no loss of hair, but keeping your Protein up will definitely help .

Sent from my SM-G928V using the BariatricPal App

I didn't lose any hair. And I could stand to get rid of some.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

I didn't lose any hair after surgery, no. :-)

Biotin does help but it takes a month or so for it to really show. Make sure you wash it with a sulfate free Shampoo or cleansing conditioner. Makes a difference. I have fine hair and lost some due to thyroid problems. Ask your stylist for suggestions. Biolage cleansing conditioner for fine hair seems to work for me. When Ulta runs a sake I stock up. I used to use cheaper stuff, but it made a noticeable difference and was worth it for me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I am four months out and have been lucky so far to not lose hair. I did start Biotin and using nioxin shampoo/conditioner starting two weeks before surgery. I'm also super strict about getting in my Protein. Hair loss was actually one of my biggest surgery fears, but so far so good....fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am a little over 4 months out, and I have noticed my hair is starting to fall out now, especially when washing and brushing it. I was really, really hoping this wouldn't happen to me. I have increased my Biotin and hope that will help. I'm also going to try and increase my Protein as well. I am hoping that it won't last for too long. It scares me to death!

A little over a year ago my doc suggested Biotin for hairloss n a sudden onset of adult acne. Helped alot. Drink it n bought biotene Shampoo. Fast fwd prep 4 surgery n the nutritionist n surgeon put Biotin maximum 10000mg daily on my Vitamins list to stop any hair loss. Hope it continues to work for me n helps for u guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App