Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One year. 110 pounds.

As I sit here munching my egg beaters Breakfast, the first thought that pops in my head is thank goodness I love eggs and they agreed with me after my surgery!

When I started this journey, I intended to blog about it. That never really materialized. I guess I expected to need to write down everything that happened. But it turned out just to be life. And normal life. That was totally unexpected.

Anyway, I know this is going to be a long post and if you indulge me by reading it, thanks. If not, I'm ok with that too.

I started at 275 pounds. I couldn't walk for more than 10 minutes without my back hurting. I was on medication for high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes. I was honestly afraid that I would not live to see my grandkids. (I was 55 years old at the time of my surgery). Today, I am off of all medications.

Today, I weigh 165 pounds. I want to lose another 5 to 10 pounds but my doctors are happy where I am. Everyone I know tells me that I'm thin enough. We'll see.At the beginning, I was wearing size 24/26. Today, I wear size 12. I haven't been a size 12 since I was in junior high.

I know how blessed I am. I had zero complications of any kind. This honestly seems like a miracle to me. The biggest blessing has been my family. Not only did they completely support me, but my husband went high Protein, low carb and started working out with me. (He has lost 60 pounds!)

My biggest NSV was in November in Las Vegas. My husband and I were walking through a shopping center on the strip. I spotted these gorgeous party dresses in a store and decided to walk in. A sales girl told me that i should try one of them on. The largest size was a large and I thought "no way this will fit me". But, I decided to try. I went into the dressing room and slipped into the dress. I was stunned that it seemed too loose. So the girl brought me a Medium. It fit beautifully. So, I bought it. (It is the sequinny dress I wore at the Christmas party in the attached photo). After my hubby and I walked out of the store, I broke down in tears. Never in my wildest dreams would I have been able to wear a size Medium designer dress.

Just a couple more things. The weirdest thing for me has been that I don't recognize myself in photos. The attached photo of me looking at my phone in the snow was taken last week by a friend of mine. I didn't realize it was me when I looked at her photos!

My biggest challenge -- finding jeans that fit. I've settled into skinny jeans because they are the only ones that don't sag on my butt and thighs.

How are things different? Well, I can't eat much and I know better than to overeat. I get drunk easily. I love going to the gym. I ride a mountain bike. I don't worry about dying. I can walk for hours. I could run if I didn't hate running so much.

For anyone who is considering this journey....it is not easy but it is completely worth it. Be patient with yourself. The only way to be successful at this is to have your mind in the right place and commit fully.

post-263757-0-95544500-1483719614_thumb.jpg

post-263757-0-34583800-1483719620_thumb.png

post-263757-0-20803500-1483719622_thumb.jpg

post-263757-0-83352300-1483719629_thumb.jpg

post-263757-0-65136400-1483719636_thumb.jpg

post-263757-0-03627200-1483719644_thumb.jpg

post-263757-0-68828300-1483719683_thumb.jpg

post-263757-0-05476200-1483719710_thumb.jpg

post-263757-0-26252400-1483719714_thumb.jpg

Congratulations! You look great. Your story is inspirational. I have just started my journey and I can't believe the changes for the better. Keep up the great work and again, CONGRATULATIONS!

Your story is absolutely lovely! Thanks for sharing it, it is inspiring!

As I was reading the part about trying on dresses in Las Vegas, it brought tears to my eyes. Every single time I go try on clothes, it still shocks me and makes me feel exactly the same.

It takes a very long time for your brain to catch up with your body. I still catch glimpses of myself in the mirror and sometimes I don't recognize myself and other times, I still see the fat me. I think seeing the fat me is fear of regain so I am critical of what I see. I never want to be sick and fat again, I feel like I lost too many good years to let myself get back there.

And life today is grand! Isn't it!

Congratulations on your new life and continued journey!

Thank you for sharing! Amazing!

Your story is absolutely lovely! Thanks for sharing it, it is inspiring!

As I was reading the part about trying on dresses in Las Vegas, it brought tears to my eyes. Every single time I go try on clothes, it still shocks me and makes me feel exactly the same.

It takes a very long time for your brain to catch up with your body. I still catch glimpses of myself in the mirror and sometimes I don't recognize myself and other times, I still see the fat me. I think seeing the fat me is fear of regain so I am critical of what I see. I never want to be sick and fat again, I feel like I lost too many good years to let myself get back there.

And life today is grand! Isn't it!

Congratulations on your new life and continued journey!

@@Djmohr You have been one of my inspirations since I've been on this forum! Continued success and happiness to you!