Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hope Wls patients really learn to change some behaviors like I see posted above

Like Jamielogical the best outcome for me was keeping off weight (banded 12/06).

I was a bit unprepared that I would have to change my lifestyle....95% of the time. FOREVER.

For me, it took years of changing patterns of eating and exercising to finally become more habit forming .

I think I believed, like many, that the surgery would change my body.... and it did some of the work. And truly helped keep it off But iit took so long for it to sink in that it really was gonna be me doing the work... everyday.

What a life changer.

I am really thankful I got to keep my functioning band. I have to keep it filled low (1.5. Out of 4 max) so yeah. Once again, the onus is on me. Good news:Patterns of behavior can and do change.... for me, it is being mindful and yes I mess up

And start again the next day. Repeat

@@JamieLogical

You situation sounds exactly like mine. Except that Im only 1 week since I had my surgery. So my question for you is did you find the sleeve to be the tool you needed to maintain your weight loss?

When I found out I had to wait 6 months for surgery, I was disappointed. Now, because of a sleep study consultation,I am going to have to wait ATLEAST 2 months more, but when I look back, I am happy. Have lost 53lbs presurgery, and feel better!

Outstanding !!!!!!!!!!!!

@@JamieLogical

You situation sounds exactly like mine. Except that Im only 1 week since I had my surgery. So my question for you is did you find the sleeve to be the tool you needed to maintain your weight loss?

Absolutely! I reached goal right around the one year mark and have maintained for 15+ months. Through those 15 months I have moved twice, gotten divorced, and run a half marathon and a fill marathon. It has be an insane, emotional roller coaster. 2016 was BY FAR the hardest year of my life. The amount of stress, the emotional ups and downs, the disruptions to my normal routines.... any and all of that would have led me to gain 50 pounds or more in the past. But I have managed to maintain through it all. Even when I have cut back on exercise because of demands on my time and being out of my routine, I've managed to maintain. NO WAY could I have done that without my sleeve. No chance.

Does gastric sleeve hurt??

Getting it done but so so scared

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

There is definitely pain immediately post-op. Abs are sore where they spread the muscle apart for the instruments. Incisions can be sore and painful. Gas pain because they fill your abdomen with gas to make room to maneuver and that takes a few days to work its way out. Typically there is some amount of pain the first week or so. Some people experience pain while drinking or eating further out than that.