Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My horrible experience at a restaurant.

Seems to me that your "review" was just as rude as any treatment you go. Get over it.

Seems to me that your "review" was just as rude as any treatment you go. Get over it.

Not at all. I've already had a run-in with you. You're a nasty person in general, and so many of your comments have been extremely rude to other people. Your input is invalid. I hope that you find out what makes you so hateful. Have a nice day.

Never run into it before, but if I was the manager/server, I would have said "oh I'm sorry you didn't notice that was on the menu. We add it so we can enhance your experience and stay in business." Or something to that effect. End of the day, same effect, but at least you would feel better and they get to keep their doors open.

I know restaurants have low margins, I know customer service isn't easy, but a little imagination, fun and training just makes everyone's experience better.

I can appreciate your irritation, although...a $7 burger isn't really a fancy place to eat. If your total bill for a burger, presumably two non-alcoholic drinks, and a $3 split fee was $17, I feel like they're holding themselves a bit high as a "nice" establishment. Given the way you were treated, I tend to think their behavior supports the point that they aren't the fine dining they seem to consider themselves to be.

That being said, I haven't ever been charged a split fee because I don't really split things. I eat what I want to, then take it home or let someone else at my table eat it. Margins on actual fine dining are slim, and you aren't being charged a $3 fee to actually cut the burger, just like a corkage fee has nothing to do with the manual act of removing a cork, but rather the right to split a meal or to bring your own bottle of wine, when to do so without any minor fee is really not customary practice. It certainly would have been nice though if they had put somewhere on the menu that the fee existed. At a nice place, I can see economically the purpose of a split fee and most people paying to eat at a nice place, first don't care about the $3 and probably don't notice it on their bill, and second at an actual nice place, there would not have been any attitude from a manager, the fee would have been removed. The difference in my experience between a classy place to eat and a place that likes to think its classy is that there is an understanding that you sometimes lose a few dollars, but you make up for it in customer loyalty. A truly nice establishment handles the customer in a way that leaves them feeling happy...sure they complain about you when you leave and they roll their eyes when you aren't looking, but they are never, ever rude to your face or in front of any other customer. They certainly don't have their family members replying to your Yelp comments- that would make them look incredibly stupid and any person who was accustomed to eating in nice places would absolutely avoid going somewhere that responded that way on social media if only because it clearly demonstrates a total lack of class.

So...sure, a split fee is normal sometimes, and I understand that you were surprised by it, but I find the behavior of the business to be unacceptable if they are going to cast themselves as being a better than average place to dine. I wouldn't go there after seeing that exchange on social media because it reeks of a scene- something that you will rarely if ever see in a nice place, and certainly not in a way that is exacerbated by management. I'm sorry you were treated poorly, but if it makes you feel better, places like that rarely last very long for all of the reasons I've mentioned above. They will be sad soon enough, lol.

I did not read all the replies. I can see both sides of the split fee issue. It costs money to keep the doors open. I have no patience at all with rude people. It gets even worse with disingenuous people. If I had been in the situation you were in, I would have asked about the fee, which it seems you did. I would have very politely maintained my position with the manager, no matter how rude he became, finishing up with something to the effect that I understood they have every right to charge what they want for their food or services. I have every right to not eat there again. I have also been known to inform people that they will be surprised just how much bad advertising their (insert monetary value here) just bought them. However, I do not go online publicly. I merely discuss it with people I know.

As for split fees, I never heard of one before today, which tells you what kind of dives I hang out in. :P

ETA: I forgot to add, I would have emphasized that I was angry about the treatment and not the money, but the monetary thing I mentioned above still exists.

Edited by LittleBill

Not at all. I've already had a run-in with you. You're a nasty person in general, and so many of your comments have been extremely rude to other people. Your input is invalid. I hope that you find out what makes you so hateful. Have a nice day.

oh dear, feel free to block me maybe you can review me on Facebook then spend a whole day whining about me here on BP. Seems like YOU have way to much time on YOUR hands!

oh dear, feel free to block me maybe you can review me on Facebook then spend a whole day whining about me here on BP. Seems like YOU have way to much time on YOUR hands!
I have the right to complain about a BUSINESS. You obviously have a lot of pent up anger. There's medicine for that.

BTW a "horrible experience" in the REAL WORLD ?

1. Watching your children starve to death or die of a preventable disease.

2. Being denied refugee status because of your religion.

3. Losing your health care, like 20 million people are about too, because just 25 % of Americans elected a pompous lying windbag president.

4. Being a homeless disabled veteran denied benefits by congress.

5. Dying of breast cancer and leaving three children under 10 with a drug addicted father.

6. Waking up in the morning beside your wife who died in her sleep.

I get the feeling that my post will be lost on you.

BTW a "horrible experience" in the REAL WORLD ?

1. Watching your children starve to death or die of a preventable disease.

2. Being denied refugee status because of your religion.

3. Losing your health care, like 20 million people are about too, because just 25 % of Americans elected a pompous lying windbag president.

4. Being a homeless disabled veteran denied benefits by congress.

5. Dying of breast cancer and leaving three children under 10 with a drug addicted father.

6. Waking up in the morning beside your wife who died in her sleep.

I get the feeling that my post will be lost on you.

Those are horrible experiences. But those things have absolutely nothing to do with my post. Once again, your argument is irrelevant. Move along.

Dang yall.......PLAY NICE OR SHUT UP & GO TO YOUR SEPARATE CORNERS

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

@@LittleBill I totally agree. I had a horrible experience at a restaurant in OKC which I found out was part of a local management group. I did a check of Quicken account and I documented that I spent over $5K at their establishments in the last year (hey, I was single and date a great deal). I let them know how mad I was, never heard a response, so I organized a boycott ("let's avoid this place during Lent" - it was an issue with me showing a date a vaping device, and the waiter went ballistic). The company is publically traded, so when I noticed his companies 20% drop in revenue during the boycott, I reminded him, "it is amazing what a pissed customer can do." He actually called me, asked what he could do, I told him to have a talk with a friend of mine who was one of the best customer service people I know. End result, he ended up hiring her to train his wait staff and I feel safe going back to his restaurants. I turned down all of their offers for gift cards etc. I just wanted to be treated fairly.

I did not read all the replies. I can see both sides of the split fee issue. It costs money to keep the doors open. I have no patience at all with rude people. It gets even worse with disingenuous people. If I had been in the situation you were in, I would have asked about the fee, which it seems you did. I would have very politely maintained my position with the manager, no matter how rude he became, finishing up with something to the effect that I understood they have every right to charge what they want for their food or services. I have every right to not eat there again. I have also been known to inform people that they will be surprised just how much bad advertising their (insert monetary value here) just bought them. However, I do not go online publicly. I merely discuss it with people I know.

As for split fees, I never heard of one before today, which tells you what kind of dives I hang out in. :P

ETA: I forgot to add, I would have emphasized that I was angry about the treatment and not the money, but the monetary thing I mentioned above still exists.

That's exactly what I did. I kept my composure, while still voicing my concern and confusion. And you're right. I should have posted that I was angry about the treatment. Thanks so much for your very thorough input, LittleBill! You never disappoint! I was like, "Ok, when is LittleBill going to comment?" *taps foots*

@@LittleBill I totally agree. I had a horrible experience at a restaurant in OKC which I found out was part of a local management group. I did a check of Quicken account and I documented that I spent over $5K at their establishments in the last year (hey, I was single and date a great deal). I let them know how mad I was, never heard a response, so I organized a boycott ("let's avoid this place during Lent" - it was an issue with me showing a date a vaping device, and the waiter went ballistic). The company is publically traded, so when I noticed his companies 20% drop in revenue during the boycott, I reminded him, "it is amazing what a pissed customer can do." He actually called me, asked what he could do, I told him to have a talk with a friend of mine who was one of the best customer service people I know. End result, he ended up hiring her to train his wait staff and I feel safe going back to his restaurants. I turned down all of their offers for gift cards etc. I just wanted to be treated fairly.

I love this! So glad it ended well for you! And both parties won! :D

The split fee is not literally for the labor involved with manually splitting the food up between two plates.

It's a fee for the fact that you have split an entree.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

@@Hiraeth I laughed out loud about the *taps foot* comment. For many years in my business, I have told people, "I may be slow, but I'm reliable." Thank you for your kind words.

The split fee is not literally for the labor involved with manually splitting the food up between two plates.

It's a fee for the fact that you have split an entree.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

I know that now. But I still did not deserve to be treated so rudely.