Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for January op buddies!

My op is on the 5th - so in just a few days. It has all happened very quickly and I am feeling anxious.

Would love to make some friends to share the highs and lows.

I'm 43 with 2 kids and live on the English South coast.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hello J2 & Janey!!

I'm feeling a bit anxious to be honest. Read so many stories on here that were more negative than positive. I'm trying to console myself that at least the surgery I'm having is reversible if things go wrong....

it all happened so quick, I feel unprepared!

Have you been planning your ops for long?

I try not to read too many negative posts tbh, plus all the hospital work shops I've been too with past bypass patients have all been positive outcomes. I kind of fell into the whole surgery route by accident, I was having trouble with my gallbladder and it was the general surgeon who recommended wls as well as taking my gallbladder out, that was nearly 3 years ago! Now I can't believe it's in a few days time.

How have you been on your liver shrinking diet? Mine has been touture because it's for 4 weeks plus being over Xmas and New year.

Sent from my SM-G800F using the BariatricPal App

Happy Birthday!!! :rolleyes:
New Year, New You in every way, then :)

I'm January 10th and still nervous. I'm male from Michigan and turn 40 tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

Good idea, making a mental note to stay away from horror stories ;)

You have had workshops?? I've had nothing... I got a call from the hospital to say I'll be having my op in 2 weeks and to come in and have my stats taken etc. Then the diet. Ugh. It is awful. I am quite used to living low cal but this is something else (especially over Xmas!).

I have found the NHS diet online but the NHS booked me in with a private hospital (which is lovely and I shouldnt complain), however their diet plan is even more restrictive than the NHS one... go figure...

Interesting how different our stories are, considering we're in the same country! x

I try not to read too many negative posts tbh, plus all the hospital work shops I've been too with past bypass patients have all been positive outcomes. I kind of fell into the whole surgery route by accident, I was having trouble with my gallbladder and it was the general surgeon who recommended wls as well as taking my gallbladder out, that was nearly 3 years ago! Now I can't believe it's in a few days time.
How have you been on your liver shrinking diet? Mine has been touture because it's for 4 weeks plus being over Xmas and New year.

Oh yes I've done 12 week course on diet and nutrition, 12 week course on physio and exercise also seminars about the different surgeries available. Then they hold a support group once a month and it was compulsory that you went at least twice . I'm the same as you, I'm having my op in the private hospital on site at the local nhs hospital, and I've noticed that the diet as a lot more strict than overs. 800cals a day has been miserable and makes your breath smell lol ????

How strange!!!

I had to partake in a 6 month group therapy session. I went to the group session twice but after that work commitments meant I could only do private sessions - which were a bit of a waste of time and I was pretty much told they wouldnt give me the surgery (despite my GP having referred me). So nobody went into any details, it was basically advice on nutrition and for anyone who has been on so many diets as most of us, I probably knew as much about it as she did.

That was all I got. I met with the surgeon and he told me which op I was going to have. I thought I would have a sleeve but he said as I'll get one shot at this, he reckons I should have the mini bypass. Which procedure are you having?

The diet is silly... did you google the NHS one? It lets you have TWICE the Protein I'm allowed. Nobody mentioned bad breath as yet... and thankfully I'm almost at the end of that.

Can't believe that two days from now, I'll have had my insides twisted and connected in a different place... not sure I can quite get my head around that..... ugh.... x

Oh yes I've done 12 week course on diet and nutrition, 12 week course on physio and exercise also seminars about the different surgeries available. Then they hold a support group once a month and it was compulsory that you went at least twice . I'm the same as you, I'm having my op in the private hospital on site at the local nhs hospital, and I've noticed that the diet as a lot more strict than overs. 800cals a day has been miserable and makes your breath smell lol

My surgery is also on Jan 5th! I too am quite nervous, but I keep telling myself how worth it this surgery will be when I start seeing results and feeling healthier.

My 3-week pre-op diet got easier every day, but it was VERY hard at first!

We are starting the new year off on the right foot! :)

Mine is January 23rd

My surgery is also on Jan 5th! I too am quite nervous, but I keep telling myself how worth it this surgery will be when I start seeing results and feeling healthier.

Woohoo you're my op twin!

Interesting that most of us are on different diet schedules. I know my hospital says 2 weeks for everyone.

Which procedure are you having done?

There are quite a few of us January patients then!

How are you feeling about it?

Mine is January 23rd

There are quite a few of us January patients then!

How are you feeling about it?

Mine is January 23rd

I am not sure how I feel. It came so sudden. A month ago I thought I was just having a little reflux and they would put me on a higher dose of meds. Part of me is excited at the prospect of losing more weight. The other side is scared to death of the RNY

Woohoo you're my op twin!

Interesting that most of us are on different diet schedules. I know my hospital says 2 weeks for everyone.

Which procedure are you having done?

I'm having RNY! I hope everything goes smoothly.