Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a friend

I will join the friend train ????

I also have Kaiser, but I'm in Maryland. Started the program in September, looking at April for surgery and looking to get sleeved (still struggling to choose between rny and sleeve). My hubby is semi-supportive (he understands why I want to do this, but he's scared of complications. He came with me to a weight loss surgery class and was really into it). Message me some time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

I am happy to join the friend train too :D.

I had my surgery on the 17th of Dec 2016. I had it because of overweight which was caused by PCOS (that I've had for about 15 years now). I am an emotional eater too. I do not eat much when I am normal, except when I am stressing/worrying about something.

Coming to the surgery, it took me a year to make the decision because I was fit except everytime I go to the doctor for a stomach bug or flu, they would point at my weight and say 'oh your immunity is weak, you need to be healthy (slim is the word they were hinting at) to have better immunity' :angry:. However, last year when I went through prolonged periods that went on and on for 9 months, I took the decision saying I need to lose weight to get this thing under control.

I had two major concerns to go with the surgery. My husband was totally against it and second, I did not have the money. After a lot of thinking, changing my mind many times 'to do the surgery' or 'not to do the surgery', I took a call saying 'I am doing it for my health' and finally go it done. I have my good days and bad days. Good days where I do not have any issues in sipping Water and eating soft foods. Bad days where I have severe Constipation (and bad bleeding because of constipation), vomiting every now and then (where I cannot even keep a sip of Water in my stomach), but I am kinda getting through this. I've had days when my husband still says 'I don't know why you got the surgery done', I try to ignore it (at times I do break down).

I have lost only 10 pounds since the surgery which is another thing that I worry. Many people lose close to 20 pounds during the first two weeks after the surgery. Hoping things will settle down eventually and I will feel better.

So, I completely get what you are going through and would love to be your friend :).

I'll gladly be a friend to you! I'm in South Carolina but I could still be some needed support! I did my whole process and surgery alone so I understand the need for some support! I'm only 12 days post op but I can already say this is the best thing I've ever done!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hello Sarah I'm in South Carolina also what part are you in?