Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Dr Recommendations in Dallas PLEASE

I have finally decided after 5 mostly uneventful years with the band to have revision to sleeve. My band was done with Dr Fox through True Results. Now True Results is closed and they are referring to Dr Nicholson which I was going to make an appointment with but now I'm seen there was an indictment for sone reason so I'm not doing that. I had no problems with Dr Fox but his bedside manner left me feeling a bit judged. I need some recommendations in the DFW area please. ASAP!! I'm ready to get this done. I don't want to go to someone who is going to require me to do a bunch of pre opt counseling or dieting.

I don't know how far you're wanting to go. My doc is Melanie Hafford, her office is at 161/MacArthur in Irving. She doesn't run a huge clinic like True Results, and I think that makes her more responsive to the patient as an individual. Every interaction I've had with her and her staff has been awesome.

I actually talked with Dr. Gregory Barnes last month before deciding on a doctor close to my area. He was very informative to all three types of weight loss surgery. He also suggested which surgery would be best for my size and health condition. His info is : 3409 Worth St #420 Dallas, TX 75246 (214) 823-5000.

I went with Dr. Fox and have never felt judged by him. I like the small office and personalized treatment. He is an excellent surgeon and has personal discussions at my followups, even called me at home 2 days after surgery. A consultation couldn't hurt.

After tons of research and speaking with friends who had wls, I chose Dr Ayoola. He is genuinely the most heartfelt and passionate doctor I have ever met. A wonderful man and an even more impressive surgeon. I do not take anesthesia nor surgery lightly but was 100% confident in his hands and those of the anesthesiologist he has used for years. My only complaint would be on some of his office staff, which seems to have changed recently. The NUT in his office is wonderful.

DS surgery 12/14/2016

Don't be in too much of a hurry I found the counseling and guidance I received before the surgery extremely helpful. I know you can be impatient but I've had several medical complications since then an unexpected things like losing my taste for most Foods and I mean I can't taste them anymore , I'm only 10 weeks out and I'm dealing with an ulcer right now.

In my state the University of Washington doesn't even perform Lap Band anymore they said it's not effective as you can guess. You want to do this but you want to do it the right and the safe way.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using the BariatricPal App

The doctors and staff at UT Southwestern have been amazing! I saw Dr. Puzziferri, who I adore. She's doing a lot of cutting-edge research on obesity and surgery. I visited several other docs before making my decision, and none held a candle to UTSW. Beautiful hospital, low complication rates (I didn't have any), professional people, helpful, caring, etc. I wouldn't go anywhere else, and I'm very picky and risk-averse.

Just to follow up, I did go with my previous surgeon, Dr. Louis Fox and have not been sorry.