Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is in your grocery cart?

Now that I am on the post-op side I am trying to plan for my future meals and eating. I'm just curious, what items are your go-to items? What do you never leave the store without?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I buy the same things every week, though I sometimes eat what the rest of the family is having for dinner.

1/2 gallon Cashew milk (8 servings) 25 calories in 8oz

1pint of 2% cottage cheese (4servings)

1quart full fat Greek yogurt. (6 servings)

2 tins of sardines in oil ( 1serving each) high in lysine

1can of tuna (2 servings)

1 pint green super food raw juice (4 servings)

2 chicken breasts (4-6 servings)

1large avocado (4 servings)

I have at least one shake a day, I have another in the evening if I haven't meet my Protein goal. I use unflavored powder and make shakes with cashew milk or 4 oz of raw juice and a hand full of ice.

My goal is at least 100 grams of Protein and no more that 25 grams of carbs. I eat 5 meals a day.

I make all the food for the week at once because I divide my time between two homes and don't have time to cook during my work days.

I can't handle raw veggies yet but I do fine dice onions and pickles I to my spreads.

I poach the chicken in canned chicken broth and use one chicken breast to make a pot of Soup and make chicken salad with the other one.

I don't restrict fat, except that with the small total volume I don't get a huge amount. I use full fat mayo in my tuna salad and chicken salad.

I have 4-6 crackers (1/2 of a "serving" 8 grams of carbs) a few times a week. Usually I melt cheese on parchment into disks and use them like crackers. 2oz of shredded cheese makes 6 "crackers".

My Weekly Staples are:

Organic Boneless Skinless chicken Breast

Pork Loin Chops

Ground Turkey

String cheese

Cashews Raw

Coconut Oil

Coconut Milk

Raw Honey

Peanut Butter

Frozen Berries

1 quart of 2% ( I use this to make my own yogurt)

Unflavored Portien powder

1 Pint of Cottage cheese

Apples

salad Greens

Celery

Other Fresh Seasonal Fruits and Veg that are part of my Menu for the Week

eggs

Coconut Flour

Pure Mapke Syrup

Hemp Hearts

Chia Seeds

Caco Powder

EVOO

Coconut Sugar

Fish if it looks good

Wild Game meats if they look good

Brazil Nuts

Dried Dark Fruits (blueberries, cranberries, cherries, strawberries)/// I make my own trail mix

Dates

Walnuts

Tapioca Flour

Fresh Herbs

Garlic

Garlic Chili Paste

Vinegars (Balsamic, Rice, Cider etc)

The grocery store I frequesnt has an amazing bulk section. I generally shop the outside of the market and with the exception of pet, cleaning, paper and other household suplies need to go down the asiles,

I buy the same things every week, though I sometimes eat what the rest of the family is having for dinner.

1/2 gallon Cashew milk (8 servings) 25 calories in 8oz

1pint of 2% cottage cheese (4servings)

1quart full fat Greek yogurt. (6 servings)

2 tins of sardines in oil ( 1serving each) high in lysine

1can of tuna (2 servings)

1 pint green super food raw juice (4 servings)

2 chicken breasts (4-6 servings)

1large avocado (4 servings)

I have at least one shake a day, I have another in the evening if I haven't meet my Protein goal. I use unflavored powder and make shakes with cashew milk or 4 oz of raw juice and a hand full of ice.

My goal is at least 100 grams of Protein and no more that 25 grams of carbs. I eat 5 meals a day.

I make all the food for the week at once because I divide my time between two homes and don't have time to cook during my work days.

I can't handle raw veggies yet but I do fine dice onions and pickles I to my spreads.

I poach the chicken in canned chicken broth and use one chicken breast to make a pot of Soup and make chicken salad with the other one.

I don't restrict fat, except that with the small total volume I don't get a huge amount. I use full fat mayo in my tuna salad and chicken salad.

I have 4-6 crackers (1/2 of a "serving" 8 grams of carbs) a few times a week. Usually I melt cheese on parchment into disks and use them like crackers. 2oz of shredded cheese makes 6 "crackers".

wow, love this! Great job.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

• Aggiemae you are doing a GREAT job!! weight loss so far is fantastic. I will be trying your suggestion of cashew milk. Does anyone have any other drink suggestions?? something to make flavor? I miss chocolate sooo much!

Edited by Mine7766

• Aggiemae you are doing a GREAT job!! weight loss so far is fantastic. I will be trying your suggestion of cashew milk. Does anyone have any other drink suggestions?? something to make flavor? I miss chocolate sooo much!

Kroger has carb master chocolate milk. It is high in Protein and lower in carbs. It is really good.

Greek yogurt, unsweetened cashew milk, 2% milk (I also make some of my own yogurt), berries (I put them on top of plain or vanilla yogurt), Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt (I sometimes eat this as a low-cal snack at night, since it's only 80 calories and has 12 g of protein), boneless chicken breasts, pork chops, herbal tea, Crystal Light (I drink it plain and mix it with fruity Protein powders), fresh veggies

90% of what's in my cart is found in the perimeter of the store. Fresh meats, veggies, some dairy. I rarely if ever venture to the middle aisles where canned and pre packed food is unless I'm needing to use something there to cook the fresh foods with.

I rarely leave the store without yogurt, cheese, Vitamin Water zero and cashews!