Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 10 days post op and was feeling great. I am getting all my Fluid and all my Protein in. I have had some trouble sitting up in like a dining room chair but not too bad. Yesterday I was on my feet all evening with no problem and no pain. I drove home last night which was uncomfortable but I made it. Today I can hardly move, I haven't been able to walk much. Every time I get up I have burning pain way worse than before. Does the pain come in waves?

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

Different parts of your body heal at different rates. Are you sure you haven't pulled something? That left side takes awhile to heal because that is where they did the most tugging and pulling . If you are not able to get around because of the pain you should either call or go see your surgeon to make sure something else isn't wrong. Sometimes it could be your gallbladder .... if you haven't had it out already. Have you been nauseous too? If it were me I'd get it checked out. Increasing pain doesn't sound normal.

Get it checked out

I am 8 months out and had am now 6 days post op from having an emergency internal hernia repair operation (it's one of the risks from surgery)

I know im already 8 months out but left side pain is a symptom of a hernia that could be on the left side

Another symptom i had was I couldn't eat or drink anything as if I did once it touched my pouch it would hurt like crazy

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had a lot of pain from day 14 to day 24 in my left side under where my incision was. The doctor said its because they stitch deep and tight there to be sure you dont get a hernia it was worse than any pain I had after surgery so it took me by surprise. My doctors rule of thumb if you arent sure call.. worth a call to the doctor to be safe