Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for BMI Pals less than 36

Wondering thoughts and overall experiences once you have met with surgeon onward...

Met my weight loss goal and just waiting for surgery date.

Currently struggling with "support" stating that I'm doing well with losing weight (as we all are great with the WL roller coaster journey)... Why would I have this surgery.

Hope to meet a few folks/Pals soon!

Thanks Happy New Year!

I had low BMI as well. I was sleeved 1/25. Trying to do exactly as my doctor says.. I do find it difficult to get in my Protein and do my liquid intake.. but I am trying!! I am down 24 pounds , I only had one week of liquid diet so I figure there was a six pound loss there.. good luck my friend

My BMI is 34 and I'm doing the endoscopic sleeve at the end of march. I'm 22 and this has been quite a journey to this point. I had the "ah ha" moment when I went on phentramine and lost 20lbs. Everyone will have a separate moment or journey to the point of surgery. I wouldn't let others think poorly of you! I'm 22 and still in college and I'm super worried as to what people are going to think about my decision but then I remember that it's my life and my future I'm taking control of.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Simple! Don't tell them! I have told very few, it is my choice. As long as you have the support of whom ever will be with you in this journey why tell anyone?

my BMI was very low like yours but, I was done with the struggle of diets, fad diets , weight watchers , diet pills!!!! This I did for me and so far I am very happy!! Good luck!

I am pleased as well... the best thing we ever did for ourselves my friend!! Keep on the program, I think we have no choice!! Gloria

My BMI is 35. Waiting for insurance approval now. Looking forward to getting and staying healthy.

I have chosen to only tell a few very close members of my family. This is such a personal decision, and maybe I will share post surgery, but I know that I have been on lots of different diets. My BMI is in the low 30s, and so everyone chimes in that since I have less than 100 lbs to loose it should be easy and feasible. Loosing, although SUPER slow has been possible for me in the past. Lost 100s of lbs over the years (Loose 15 gain 20, loose 20, gain 30, loose 25, gain 30 and the cycle continues) but keeping it off has always been the problem. I don't mind exercise, and love veggies. I did not like how weight loss drugs made me feel. As soon as I strayed or cheated I'd gain the weight back. This has been a life long struggle. Many people think that WLS is the "easy way out" or "cheating" somehow. It is not. I'm pretty sure most of the members of this forum tried everything else prior to committing to WLS.

I will be getting my surgery done in MX, and so will look to join a local support group, as well as maintain active in online forums like this one. We can support each other!

I'm at 34, getting sleeved on Aug 9. I am also recently diagnosed with diabetes and borderline high cholesterol, which is why I am having this surgery. People are not always going to understand and it is a personal decision. I'm telling very few people.

Sent from my LGMS550 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm getting my sleeve done August 4 2017 my IBM is 37 .jist my husband who is my supporter knows and my father. My 4 kids do not know. I have struggle with my weight and have high blood pressure,diabetes and high cholesterol.. it's all for health reasons to I want live to see my 7 grandkids grow up.

Good luck with your surgery stay positive.