Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy New Year from BariatricPal! - December 2016

style="margin:0;padding:0;background-color:#d8dde8;color:#5a5a5a;font:normal 13px helvetica, arial, sans-serif;position:relative;">

Hey BariatricPal Members!

Happy New Year! It’s an exciting time for anyone, and especially for the BariatricPal community. It is a time to think about hopes and dreams for the coming year, and to reflect on how lucky we are to have each other for support. That’s exactly what this newsletter is about, and here is what you will find.

• A Fresh Start in the New Year
  • Setting Your Path for 2017
  • Getting Some Help in 2017

We are so grateful for your participation on the BariatricPal Forums, so be sure to login and you can share your tips and ideas with all of the BariatricPal members! Happy New Year!

Sincerely,

Alex Brecher

Founder, BariatricPal

A Fresh Start in the New Year

Whether or not 2016 went as you had hoped or planned, it’s over. Now, you have the chance to make whatever you want out of 2017. Here are some tips for getting back on track or getting a solid start in the New Year so you can reach your goals.

Get Your Kitchen Ready for Weight Loss

Be honest, now. What foods have crept into your kitchen since Thanksgiving? Frozen pies and fruit cakes? Some baking mixes and frosting in case you needed to bake a last-minute thank-you gift for someone? Christmas Cookies and fudge from well-wishing friends and relatives? pizza and appetizers from a New Year’s bash?

Clean Your Kitchen

It is time to clean your kitchen. Get rid of any foods that are tempting you to go off your bariatric surgery diet. Donate them if possible. If not, just throw them away. Quiet that conscience by reminding yourself that the food is better off in the trash can than on your hips, and in neither of those cases are you helping end world hunger.

Restock Your Kitchen

An empty kitchen is better than one filled with junk food, but it can still get in the way of weight loss. That’s because you are more likely to turn to delivery, take-out, and prepared foods if nothing healthy is on hand. So, restock your kitchen with the basics so you can make healthy meals and Snacks in minutes.

You can find plenty of Protein choices at The BariatricPal Store, and new customers can use coupon code BPNEWSLETTER10 for a 10% discount of your first order! Delivery from The BariatricPal Store is one kind of delivery that does fit into your WLS diet!

Make Those Phone Calls

It’s time to do all those things you were too busy to do during the holiday season. To move forward on your weight loss surgery journey, you may need to:

• Phone your surgeon to schedule a consultation or your surgery.
  • Find a weight loss surgery support group for pre-op or post-op.
  • Schedule personal training at the gym.

Whatever your to-do list includes, it’s time to get to it! You will feel better and be closer to achieving your goals for 2017.

Solidify Your Support System

You can’t go it alone, so do not even try. Instead, take another look at your support system and see if you can fill in any cracks to make it even stronger. You might want to find an exercise buddy; vow to keep tabs on a coworker who is losing weight in exchange for her doing the same for you; or have another talk with your significant other about which foods you feel comfortable having in the house.

Setting Your Path for 2017

We all want basically the same thing for ourselves: control weight and keep it off. It will be easier to get to that goal if you have an idea of which path you will take. Figuring out your path can be a little overwhelming, but here is a little help.

Know Your Starting Point

Dig deep, because this may take a good amount of soul searching! Your starting point includes knowing your real weight – not an optimistic guess-timate – so hop on that scale. Then consider anything else relevant to your health and weight at this time. For example:

• Which foods (if any) are still problematic for you.
  • What is holding you back from WLS if you are pre-op.
  • Which health problems or risks you have.

Map Your Route

Then map your route so you know what you can do to move forwards. You might consider:

• Getting counseling to deal with emotions in ways other than eating.
  • Setting a date to get back on track with your WLS diet if you got off track recently.
  • Committing (or re-committing) to a workout routine, maybe including milestones such as a hiking trip or 5k walk along the way.
  • Planning the starting date of your pre-op diet to be ready for surgery.

You will almost certainly take a few detours along the way. You might even change course entirely. Still, planning your route gives you a path forward.

Getting Some Help in 2017

The WLS journey is hard – no question about it. That’s why it’s important to get all the help you can. Here are a few ways to make your journey this year easier.

Use Your Resources

Think about everything you have heard about support, support groups, and online support groups to make weight loss surgery easier and more effective. Are you taking advantage of them?

For example, you can use the BariatricPal forums 24/7 to ask questions and get advice from those who have been there, done that, and those who are going through it at the same time as you. Just hanging out with the community can make you feel more confident and positive about the path you’re on.

Make Meals Easier

Gourmet cooking gets old fast for most of us. Even without the “gourmet” factor, weight loss surgery menus can take a while to prepare since you need to consider protein and other nutrients and measurements for portion sizes.

Meal helpers can relieve the burden in the kitchen and keep your food tasting great. Most grocery stores have all kinds of appetizing time savers, such as pre-cut veggies and pre-washed salads, roast chicken, and frozen pre-formed turkey burger patties.

You can also order in, but resist the typical restaurant delivery services. Instead, you are safer with instant low-carb meals and snacks and Protein Bars and shakes from The BariatricPal Store. They are shelf stable and ready in minutes or immediately, and the selection is varied enough to stave off boredom.

I hope you get the help you need and deserve, and that all of your dreams come true in 2017. I look forward to sharing your journey with you. Happy New Year!

· Unsubscribe from all BariatricPal E-Mail.
open.php?u=14368495&id=c98503be463a44f98