Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Pretty Low

I'm just venting. I haven't been on here in a long time and I tried to do things on my own without a support group. Epic fail. I'm 3 years out and I still have restriction, but I've been eating all kinds of crap I know I shouldn't. I do get my Protein in, BUT I can eat a whole bag of Lemonheads candy in one sitting. I really need some encouragement because unless the people I talk to have had a VSG they really don't understand. Please help! Starting to gain weight and never met my goal. ????

~MississippiQueen~

@@MississippiQueen

A new year and a fresh start for yourself if you want it.

Most of the struggle is mental. Just because you can eat a whole bag of lemon heads does not mean you should eat them. :) You can get back on track. It might be a good time to empty the house of temptation. Get back to your bariatric plan. take it day to day.

Without the struggle, there is no progress.

It takes a lot to realize this and admit to yourself, Ms queen. Now that you have found Bpal perhaps it will provide the help and support you need. Where I live/work right now there are no support groups. I paid for my own surgery out of pocket so no doctor for follow ups. I am my own main support and it scares me. Especially now that I feel so lost. food and smoking were both my comfort in the company of others and my own loneliness. They gave me pleasure and made me relax. Now after my VSG surgery, it's taking some time to get used to without both, surrounded by others I have yet to confide in about my surgery. You see it's hard but I'm determined.!!!!

Weight-loss goals are life long goals. Don't feel like a failure. Instead use to refuel you in new year.

Oh and I'm here for you if you need help.

Edited by SusieSouth

You're only human ms queen! We wouldn't need the surgery if we were perfect! I would recommend writing down some goals you want to accomplish along with a grocery list for your next visit to the store. Maybe google some tasty vsg recipes to inspire your motivation!

Don't be too hard on yourself, everyone's journey is different and we all have bumps along the way. It's time to dust yourself off and try again.

What I recommend is trying some sugar free candy (have you tried the ice breakers sours mints? They're pretty tasty and sugar free! I recommend giving those a try if you're looking for something sour to have).

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It takes a lot to realize this and admit to yourself, Ms queen. Now that you have found Bpal perhaps it will provide the help and support you need. Where I live/work right now there are no support groups. I paid for my own surgery out of pocket so no doctor for follow ups. I am my own main support and it scares me. Especially now that I feel so lost. food and smoking were both my comfort in the company of others and my own loneliness. They gave me pleasure and made me relax. Now after my VSG surgery, it's taking some time to get used to without both, surrounded by others I have yet to confide in about my surgery. You see it's hard but I'm determined.!!!!

Weight-loss goals are life long goals. Don't feel like a failure. Instead use to refuel you in new year.

Oh and I'm here for you if you need help.

I paid for mine out of pocket, also. And it does make me feel alone. We have that in common.

~MississippiQueen~

You're only human ms queen! We wouldn't need the surgery if we were perfect! I would recommend writing down some goals you want to accomplish along with a grocery list for your next visit to the store. Maybe google some tasty vsg recipes to inspire your motivation!

Don't be too hard on yourself, everyone's journey is different and we all have bumps along the way. It's time to dust yourself off and try again.

What I recommend is trying some sugar free candy (have you tried the ice breakers sours mints? They're pretty tasty and sugar free! I recommend giving those a try if you're looking for something sour to have).

No, I haven't tried those but I will! Thank u

~MississippiQueen~

I haven't logged on in a very long time...I immediately went to your post because I'm a MS girl too. I'm 3 years out and lost 100 lbs. I've been feeling bad lately (physically and mentally- lots of stress in my life right now with an unruly teen) and almost as if I never had the surgery; honestly I've been scared to weigh. I finally did last night and I'm devastated. Ive gained 23 lbs from my lowest weight. I really needed to gain a little (everyone said I looked a little sick that small) butI feel like such a failure! I woke up this morning with renewed hope but I'm so scared I won't be able to get on track. I got a new exercise machine for Christmas and I know all the right things to do but what if it doesn't work? I will encourage you if you will encourage me

The past in in the past, and there is no amount of dwelling on it which will change it. Look forward to what the future brings, and resolve to be victorious one day at a time. You only have to do this for today, not tomorrow or the next. When tomorrow arrives, it is today, and you only have to do it for today. But if you dwell on the past, and contemplate the entirety of the future, it will crush you.

You've already made the first step.

Now, start logging your food. That will bring you back to basics and help you figure out how to rebalance your diet.

Also, check Dollar Tree. They sell sugar-free lemon, caramel, and chocolate hard candies that are pretty tasty. When my family is eating dessert, I grab one of those.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

I haven't logged on in a very long time...I immediately went to your post because I'm a MS girl too. I'm 3 years out and lost 100 lbs. I've been feeling bad lately (physically and mentally- lots of stress in my life right now with an unruly teen) and almost as if I never had the surgery; honestly I've been scared to weigh. I finally did last night and I'm devastated. Ive gained 23 lbs from my lowest weight. I really needed to gain a little (everyone said I looked a little sick that small) butI feel like such a failure! I woke up this morning with renewed hope but I'm so scared I won't be able to get on track. I got a new exercise machine for Christmas and I know all the right things to do but what if it doesn't work? I will encourage you if you will encourage me

Will do! I had an extra stressful day at work today. I too have a teenage son and my nerves have been bad lately anyway, so that doesn't help matters. I know I need the encouragement!

~MississippiQueen~

Yes, let's encourage each other!

~MississippiQueen~

I can 100% relate. I'm two years out and was doing really well- until a few months ago when I started regaining. I've regained 10 lbs and am so frustrated and disgusted with myself. I can also eat candy non-stop. The binge eating disorder hasn't gone away. I KNOW what to do - but doing it is a different story...

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

I haven't had the procedure yet (Feb,9th) and from all of the preparing and reading I have done, this is what concerns me most...putting the weight back on afterwards.

I'm now joining a couple groups in apps like myfitnesspal, with others that are/have gone through this. Goal is to motivate and keep challenging one another. Feel free to join, you search in the add friends section using sleevinpops.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App