Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I be upset?

The bun, I left on the plate.

No bun. Now I get it. I'm four weeks out and taking notes!

Oh, yeah, if I had tried to eat the bun, I wouldn't have gotten even half of it down, and I would have filled my tiny belly with empty carbs. As it was I ended up with 46 grams of Protein, plus some good carbs from the cole slaw. They put some sugar in their dressing, but that was minimal for the size serving it was. It was more of a garnish than anything else.

@@sill21 Nope.... you said no when they asked. grin a bare it...... You just have to remember ..... This to shall pass. and when they are still fat eating pizza... You will be a leaner version of your past self... and think, im glad this no longer bothers me.... You will be the better for it.... I promise you...

I was on Vacation during my pre op diet... talk about hard. Everyone around me eating and splurging on amazing food. I just ate my Soup broth and said.... this shall pass... this shall pass... And it did... and im the happier for it

I think it's one of those things we have to learn to endure...I'm still preop but same thing happimg with my preop diet.... my dad went through this with his bypass...there were 3 of us kids in the house it won't always be this way ....short hurdle for our new lives of happiness

progress starts in the mind

Why torture yourself going out to when you can't eat?

I didn't go to resturants with people until I could eat something.

We make our own luck in life. Do not make your life harder than it has to be.

When I was still on liquids, I always ordered a Decaf coffee, and used my Protein Shake as Creamer. It helped a lot to have something in my hands while people ate. Now that I'm in the puréed stage, we only go places where I can get chicken salad, eggs or refried Beans

@@sill21 Soon all this will be second nature to you.... i don't even miss it anymore.

One thing i do now.... If im going out to a restaurant i go on line and study their menu. I read every meal and decide what i want that will cause the least amount of confusion. Most of the places i go on the Reg. i already know what i can and want to eat.

Examples: I order Soup and ask that they not put too much of the chunks.. and more of the broth. burgers i have them cook it med and throw away the bread. Steak med rare with steamed veggies instead of potato. Shrimp i get them grilled or saute lightly same with fish. Sometimes i get the baked sweet potato.

I avoid the pastas... and the fried stuff. I avoid the breads on the tables (this was extremely hard for me)