Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm calling BS

So, I've read posts where people said they had sex at a couple days post op. One post I read said they did it while patient was still in the hospital.

I have a very healthy (or maybe even so high it's unhealthy) sexual appetite. I could go at it all day most every day.

Today is day 4 post op, and while the idea of certain favors does greatly appeal to me in my head, my body would disagree. And I have had a pretty good recovery. Nearly no pain at all. Zero pain meds since the day after surgery. But intercourse??? No way! Now, I could give him pleasure, but that's about it.

So, I'm calling bs. I'd say "Pics or it didn't happen," but I don't think that's allowed. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

Why does it matter? It isn't a contest.

It doesn't matter. My post was meant to be funny. I had this discussion with my partner and he laughed.

So, I've read posts where people said they had sex at a couple days post op. One post I read said they did it while patient was still in the hospital.

I have a very healthy (or maybe even so high it's unhealthy) sexual appetite. I could go at it all day most every day.

Today is day 4 post op, and while the idea of certain favors does greatly appeal to me in my head, my body would disagree. And I have had a pretty good recovery. Nearly no pain at all. Zero pain meds since the day after surgery. But intercourse??? No way! Now, I could give him pleasure, but that's about it.

So, I'm calling bs. I'd say "Pics or it didn't happen," but I don't think that's allowed. Lol

????????

Sent from my Y538 using the BariatricPal App

I wouldn't recommend it. We waited 5 days, one of my staples snagged on the sheets and my scars were left feeling a bit like rug burn. It was a few weeks before we went there again.

Actually I could see having sex or trying to just to take the edge off. I don't think it would go well, but I can see trying...

It bloody well matters very much.

I just mean who cares what other people do. We aren't in competition. My husband and I have been married for 29 years and still have a wonderful time together, OFTEN, but we don't compare ourselves to anyone else. There is no need.

I know most of you guys don't have kids. We have 4. So yep, sometimes we have had to take some time off. Again, in the long run, what does it matter???

I didn't have any staples, just sutures, but I had a lot of bruising on my tummy after surgery. We waited a little over a week, which is way longer than we usually go without but again we are happy so who cares???

@@laceemouse As I said, I intended to make a light hearted joke. I couldn't care less what anyone does in his or her bedroom.

@@laceemouse, I think WLS woman was probably referring to safety.

I thought it was funny. :)

Thanks for understanding my intended humor.

She's being silly/funny. It's the last thing on her mind. She wasn't asking if others were doing it. She did mention reading some comments about subject. I myself haven't. So maybe that was part of the silliness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

I thought it was funny and I too have been married a long time with three kids and I have found a lot of people on here do have kids. I don't think anyone was in competition. It was a light hearted joke. I care that someone has a sense of humor thru the holidays to brighten people's days !!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I laughed. The closest I came to having any kind of sex right after surgery was when they came in and stuck a catheter in my you know what. I will tell you right now, that diverted my mind from any licentious thoughts. The effects lasted for days. :o