Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have many problems with food. I eat when I am stressed, sad, happy, and as a reward. It's been this way for me since I was about 7 years old (27 now).

I'm scheduled for gastric sleeve at the end of January, so I have been trying to rewire my toxic relationship with food, and I have found the book I Will Never Binge Again to be very helpful for me.

Today I have been dealing with some serious emotional stressors and I had a period of about 5 minutes where I had convinced myself that I could leave "for the store" and instead drive through and get a very large ice cream monstrosity without my husband knowing (I am a closet binge eater).

But, after careful consideration and taking a moment to realize that food has never TRULY comforted me in the past and tonight will be no different.... I didnt go. No ice cream.

Small victory.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Keep up the good work it's a struggle

This journey is more mental than anything else. Good for you for being strong and making a good decision!

That is no small victory, but a BIG one, and one you should be very proud of! I'm 6 months post rny, and I can tell you it is largely mental work after surgery, so the fact you already recognize that and are reworking your relationship with food now, is an awesome sign for how you'll do after surgery.

Find many ways to be kind to yourself when hitting tough times. Hope things get better for you very soon, and stay positive.

Sent from my SM-G928V using the BariatricPal App

I agree that certainly isn't a small victory. That is HUGE! Having your mind on the right track is sooooo important to your success. Congrats on mentally stomping that ice cream!

YAY YOU!!!!! that is a huge victory. and next time you are tempted, you can look back on this win and know you can do it.

Small victory.

You're a great screen-name chooser, but lousy at adjectives. If you ever again play down an accomplishment in my presence, be sure you're smiling. Got it?

P.S. Another book you may want to check out is "The Beck Diet Solution," Judith S. Beck, PhD. She's a CBT practitioner and teacher. Be sure it's that title, as she wrote a later book with a similar title, but less suited to surgery people. If you buy it, work from page one (don't hop around the book) and do the exercises. The book is a guide to getting past emotional eating and related crap for life.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

AWESOMENESS!!! Good job noticing your short- comings and then to analyze why you won't go thru the drive-thru THAT my friend is ASTRONOMICAL!!! Another book that really helped me was THE FIRST-AID BOOK AFTER WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY. I'm not sure who the author is but it has some great info also.

You only have to do this for one day. Then, the next morning, you only have to do it for one day. So on and so forth. Good for you for making a hard decision the right way.