Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting Pouch Reset - Accountability Partners?

Hello everyone,

I am 3 years post and have recently gained weight. I am hoping to press the reset button by going back to basics for an 8-10 day pouch reset starting on Monday, December 19th. Anyone want to join in?

I'm so with you! I'm not even 2 years out and I've gone back to my old hearing habits. I'm so mad at myself. I was down to 185 from an all time high of 328. I'm now back up to 230. Yikes. At this rate I will gain it all back within 2 years. I need a reset so bad.

Of course I'm dragging my feet because it's Xmas and I want to start Dec 26th. That's the old me.

Were in the same situation! I was down to 188, and I'm back at 225.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Start on 12/26! You've got my support.

Thank you so much. I'm so glad for the support!!! I'm. Or glad that you're in the same boat as me - but I'm super glad you understand exactly what I'm going through!!! :). So glad you posted!

Thank you so much. I'm so glad for the support!!! I'm not glad that you're in the same boat as me - but I'm super glad you understand exactly what I'm going through!!! :). So glad you posted!

The longer time goes the More I find I can eat. And the more I want to eat. It's so discouraging that I feel like I can't get it under control. Maybe the pouch test will reset my mind too!

I have seen lots of info online about the reset. Do you have a link to the one you are going to use?

If you have a sleeve not a pouch, don't do that liquid pouch reset, it is useless.

Eat 3-4 ounces of dense Protein only for a few days, so you can feel and utilize your restriction.

RNY people need the pouch reset because their pouches stretch. Sleeves don't stretch, people eat sliders and claim to have lost restriction when in reality it is entirely based on their diet.

Thank you for that! I didn't know it was all diet based and not a stretching of the sleeve. That's great to know.

You're right. That is so me!

Hi, I'm almost 3yrs out and and have gained back 50%. I started the pouch reset this morning....I hope both you and I are successful. I researched this as much as the surgery itself but that made me get into the right mind set.

Edited by treciag

Hi Treciag,

Best of luck to you with the reset. I'm sure this will be very difficult for all of us. Please keep posting your progress and I will continue to encourage you!

I have too many obligations between now and christmas that prevent me from starting it until Dec 26th, but I will. I can't have gone through the surgery just to gain it back.