Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Date 12/30

I would love to have some support from someone who has been through or having surgery around the same time!

;-)

Awwwee Congrats! The best advice I can tell you. Don't push yourself to eat. Its hard. I am on plan 5 starting this Friday. I still heavily relay on Protein shakes and yogurt. Buy the small plastic red cups, mix your yogurt with fat free milk or 1 percent and freeze them into frozen yogurt. As soon as you are stable after surgery start walking around and push yourself more and more to walk. Your stomach gurgles and makes all sorts of noises and you will burp it feels better after walking. You don't have to go fast. I was walking every hour instead of the recommended 2 hours and My surgeon was very happy with that.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Also, I am serious, I am never ever, ever hungry. I had such a. Brain and stomach disconnect the first 3 or four days. I lost 14lbs and 3 inches so far. I had my hubby measure me before my pre-op liquid diet and I had him remeasure me two Sunday's ago. I have no cravings other than wanting raw veggies. Another interesting thing I am finding out is that the "sugar" free does not bother me and I actually like it. Its like after surgery its a reboot if what you like.

Hi rfnl16 :)

I have been scheduled for a surgery on the 27th. I am meeting my surgeon tomorrow. Planning to get the surgery preponed to the 20th.

I am very tensed about the surgery, but every time I calm myself by saying 'my health will be much better' after the surgery. My doctor has not put me on any liquid diet (which worries me at times).

The only addiction I have is towards coffee. I love a cup in the morning and one in the evening. Now, I've switched to Decaf and one cup every day. I get a bad headache if I miss a cup a day. I have tried working on giving up coffee many a times, but always ended up with a crazy headache.

Another concern is that I do not want to stay in hospital for more than a day. My furbaby gets real anxious when I am not around. My doctor insists on staying atleast 3 nights in the hospital :( :( :(

@Carrie1122: Thank you for the positiveness in your reply and the details.

My surgery wes scheduled at 7:30 in the morning I was out in 24 hours. That is strange he would want you in there for 3 days. I was on liquid diet w/ cooked veggies and yogurt for 5 days, days 6/7 It was liquid only. You will barely get any sleep they check your vitals every two hours.

I didn't switch to Decaf. They only reason is acid and dehydration, but I drink enough 64oz a day to keep hydrated and I am on anti acids anyways. I have 1 cup only and that is really all I care to have. I have had no issues at all with it. I know other people that did and ended up with ulcers. So its your choice.

I am so excited for the both of you. I was also off of pain pills 4 days later. I made my hubby eat out every night of the week on pre-op, post-op I just didn't care. I bitched, only because jt smelled so damn good. i also did not do well on the processed plan. It was terrible. I could not eat chicken and I even did my own baby food. I still don't care for chicken, but I love meatballs! I can mush it down to nothing and have spaghetti sauce. It takes me three hours to eat a gulf ball size meat balls. But I love it.

@Carrie1122: Thank you Carrie. Your reply brings in peace of mind :)

From which day onwards (pre-surgery) did you stop drinking coffee and resume drinking coffee post surgery?

Edited by up4challenge

Also, I am serious, I am never ever, ever hungry. I had such a. Brain and stomach disconnect the first 3 or four days. I lost 14lbs and 3 inches so far. I had my hubby measure me before my pre-op liquid diet and I had him remeasure me two Sunday's ago. I have no cravings other than wanting raw veggies. Another interesting thing I am finding out is that the "sugar" free does not bother me and I actually like it. Its like after surgery its a reboot if what you like.

Thank you Carrie for that advice. In regards to yogurt did you have that post open? Or did you have to wait a week? That is a GREAT idea!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

I was aloud to have yogurt pre and post. Pre was up to five days then on my 6/7 day it was liquid only. Post it was on plan 2 as my full liquid. I started that two days after sugery. I could not eat just yogurt it was too thick. Chobani is my favorite. I bought the mixed berry because there is no fruit. And then just took milk and made it super creamy and I got about 4 red cups out of it. It was much easier to tolerate. I would walk around my apartment complex with my frozen yogurt! :-) it was hard the first two weeks to drink stuff even Water everything made me burp and feel like it was in my throat except for yogurt and frozen sugar free Jello that i made into frozen pop's.

Up- My surgery was at 7:30 in the morning. i was aloud to have liquid up until 3:30 in the morning. My hospital was an hour away from me. My but got up at 3 am and drank a small cup. And don't worry i had an hour argument about Decaf with my surgeon it was the only thing that I was completely grumpy about. It took me 4 days to drink coffee after surgery I did not care to have it. Then it was like "ok" i feel better about getting liquids down and decaf worked for a week and then I just went back to reg. Caffeinated. All i can tell you is keep sipping liquids don't down it. You really can't it just uncomfortable. Next week is a month for me. Now, I can take normal gulps. Oh and DON'T be depressed about weight gain in the hospital i gained 10lbs. It took a week for the Water weight to come off. No matter what please walk no matter how much you just want to lay in bed. It was My savior it hepled so much. I brought my slippers, and my robe to the hospital. The slippers made it easier to walk on the ground. Please walk and do more than the normal two hours. It gets things moving down there and you will feel so much better. You don't have to walk fast but just keep walking. Every time I had to pee I walked even if I just got done walking half hour later. Your stomach makes crazy noises! I even said to my surgeon its making noises like its empty and I need to eat. She told me to ignore my brain its because it doesn't know what to do with itself because 6 ounces of your stomach is gone.

I got the sleeve done so I don't know about the gastric. I am also on the smaller scale but I am obese with a 40 bmi at this point I was 43. I know its differ for everyone. I am assuming even if it is gastric just walk, walk. I grown close to one of aides. I loved her. My hubby left to sleep at home. (I wish he didn't) because the night shift at the hospital was terrible. I had it out with them I told them off. But my hubby told them that I need to walk every hour and the did not listen. So I just got myself out of bed and did my steps with my fit bit. 250 every hour. And when they came all hell broke loose. At my post-op follow up I told my care team about how lazy they were and I was not happy with them. I couldn't hold my liquid drain and walk at the same time it was lop sided and made me feel off balance. At the end of my stay I was flying around the unit. There were four other. Baratric people there. I asked my aide if they were walking she said no they complained and did not want to get out of bed. So Everytime I passed them They were up and alert and said you gotta move and get up. I was the cheerleader for the unit and then everyone started walking more and more. :-)... they were so happy about the motivation. Even now if I eat, I have to move afterwards or the burps, and trying to digest lingers. Even if it is just going up and down my stairs and walking around my apartment.

I'm scheduled for Dec 30th as well, looking forward to 2017!

Hi guys!

I met my doctor today and he said that he is traveling the next two week so asked if I was okay for postponing my surgery to the 1st week of January. Instead I asked him can we pre-pone it from the 20th to the 17th and he said 'yes'. I will have to get admitted in the hospital tomorrow night and 17th morning at 7 am I have my surgery. I am excited and anxious at the same time. Hope I have lot of strength and stamina for the surgery and next big step of my life.

Omg! I am so excited for you. Please post and let us know how you are doing. You will be fine. Just walk, walk, walk and force your care unit to make sure you do! Trust me on this! You will feel much better after moving. Don't forget your robe and slippers! I even brought my own blanket and pillow. I needed to feel as if I was at home. Omg! Yayaya!