Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 2 years out, Wake-up call and back on track!

I had reset my sleeve successfully two years ago. Needless to say I have fell off the wagon again. I still need to rest and be successful with my weighloss so I'm restarting again.

I said I was going to reset my pouch so I can get back to weight loss, however I'm not quite sure how to get started? I did read that you go back to the diet after surgery, but in a shorter timeframe. So that first day of Clear liquids, that doesn't mean just Water does it? I wouldn't survive! After all, our stomaches are not tender like they were right after surgery. I'm assuming that means broths, Water, tea, Decaf coffee? I could survive on that for a day or two. Anyone who has reset their pouch, your suggestions and input would be greatly appreciated. I want to get back to what this tool is supposed to do for me! Thanks.

Quick update from me. The holidays set me back again, but I'm back on track. Hoping to have some more to say soon, Just really busy!

I know it has been 1 month or so from your post but it was very inspiring. I am almost 18 months post sleeve and find myself struggling. I got down to 161lbs, goal 145lbs, so have not reached it and now I find my hunger uncontrollable almost and have gained back about 5-6 lbs. I am also such a carb addict, I thought that was behind me, and am so, so scared of regain. I cannot believe how hungry I am, and how much more I need to satisfy me. I am tracking again, and trying to use premier Protein instead of carbs or something more high calorie to satisfy the hunger and of course the Protein and veggies. Thanks for your post and if anyone has any other ideas please share it really does help. I do go to a support group wekly, but it is really geared more towards preops, will look into some food addiction groups and see if that helps.

I also followed this forum 4-5 times a week and have not been on in quite a while so will try to get back on more often now also.

@@sbg224 I am just now seeing your post. How are you doing? I find following the HFLC (high fat low carb, or keto) diet is helpful. It helps with the hunger and it helps with staying away from the carbs. The thing is that I babysit part time (I have a full time job, but do this one the side.) and being with kids several evenings a week is so hard! Kids mean lots of snack food means lots of carbs and junk food! So hard to say no but I've been managing! I have been steadily losing but it has been slow going the busier I get. The busier I get, the less time I can focus on exercise and eating right. But I've still been losing and not gaining so that is a plus!

Hope your journey is finding it's way back on track!

Edited by heynowkc