Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like a failure...

I was sleeved Nov. 2015. Stats sw245 cw191 lw185 (gained weight back) I am not losing weight like I wanted and I know its BC of the bad choices I make. I have gained weight back and i am only a year out.Sometimes I wonder if I "broke" my sleeve BC I feel no restriction. I know better, so why is it so hard for me to do better. I have been pretty stressed the past few month not being able to find employment and sitting at home filling out applications only to her rejected every single day. I've started the pouch test but never make it to the 5th day. I really wanted this surgery BC I wanted to be healthier for my children. I had a heart attack at the age of 33 and the doctor said I needed to lose weight and then I got sleeved. I wanted this so bad but I feel like I'm sabotaging myself. Any way that's my story. Ugh... I need help. Support. Hopefully someone out there understands where I am coming from.

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App

What are you eating? If you are eating junk food then you won't feel the restriction - it just slides right through.

At each meal eat your dense Protein first (3oz of chicken, steak, tuna, fish, etc) then non-starch veggies and if you have room a fruit or multigrain serving. Eat every 3 - 4 hours with NO snacking in between. Don't drink 30 minutes before, during, or 30 minutes after your meal.

I haven't been where you are so I can only suggest what I know works. Get back to the basics, don't drink 15 minutes before eating and wait until 30 minutes after eating before drinking, eat Protein first and then veggies if you have room, eat low carb and sugar free.

What are you eating? If you are eating junk food then you won't feel the restriction - it just slides right through.

At each meal eat your dense Protein first (3oz of chicken, steak, tuna, fish, etc) then non-starch veggies and if you have room a fruit or multigrain serving. Eat every 3 - 4 hours with NO snacking in between. Don't drink 30 minutes before, during, or 30 minutes after your meal.

Ok. I haven't heard it put like that before. Thank u

I haven't been where you are so I can only suggest what I know works. Get back to the basics, don't drink 15 minutes before eating and wait until 30 minutes after eating before drinking, eat Protein first and then veggies if you have room, eat low carb and sugar free.

Thank you. I plan on it

Go back to your basics. To the start.

You probably haven't broken it yet. But go back to that feeling of expectation of hopefulness the will you had to make it work.

Ask for that drive that desire that motivated you in the first place.

Push yourself

Maintenance is the most difficult don't reward yourself.

I know of a pouch reset....which is 3 days of Protein Shakes for each meal and water...then on the final 3rd day...a portion of chicken a d veggies for dinner

It helps reset.

If tried it...it cleanses you out of all the bad choices and gets your sleeve an opportunity to start fresh...again

Go back to your basics. To the start.

You probably haven't broken it yet. But go back to that feeling of expectation of hopefulness the will you had to make it work.

Ask for that drive that desire that motivated you in the first place.

Push yourself

Maintenance is the most difficult don't reward yourself.

I know of a pouch reset....which is 3 days of Protein shakes for each meal and Water...then on the final 3rd day...a portion of chicken a d veggies for dinner

It helps reset.

If tried it...it cleanses you out of all the bad choices and gets your sleeve an opportunity to start fresh...again

You're right. That's exactly what I need to do. That feeling of expectation and hopefulness. Get there mentally and the rest will follow. I never heard of a 3 day reset. I will definitely try that

Thank you!!

Every day is a new chance to start over, and you only have to make it through that one day. Don't dwell on the past, but look to the future one day at a time, and work it from there. You already know what you have to do, because you've already done it.

If you let the past, and what might be in the future weigh you down, it will crush you. So take it one day at a time, and make each day a small victory. You don't have to win the war all at once.

Are you seeing a therapist? Counselor? Attended group support meetings through your local surgical or bariatric center? Joined OA or other addiction recovery programs? What type of self help books have you read?

Any...or all...of these things are more important to successful long term results than meal planning and pouch resets. You have to find out the reasons behind WHY you turn to food for comfort. Then you can start working on developing new coping mechanisms and behaviors to deal with your emotions and life's unpleasantries. Losing and keeping weight off in order to achieve your long term health goals is far more psychological than physical. Put your energy towards where it will make a difference.

Thank you do much for these words of encouragement. Much needed!!

Your in my prayers stay encouraged ☺

Sent from my Z828 using the BariatricPal App

Thank you so much! God Bless.

Every day is a new chance to start over, and you only have to make it through that one day. Don't dwell on the past, but look to the future one day at a time, and work it from there. You already know what you have to do, because you've already done it.

If you let the past, and what might be in the future weigh you down, it will crush you. So take it one day at a time, and make each day a small victory. You don't have to win the war all at once.

Are you seeing a therapist? Counselor? Attended group support meetings through your local surgical or bariatric center? Joined OA or other addiction recovery programs? What type of self help books have you read?

Any...or all...of these things are more important to successful long term results than meal planning and pouch resets. You have to find out the reasons behind WHY you turn to food for comfort. Then you can start working on developing new coping mechanisms and behaviors to deal with your emotions and life's unpleasantries. Losing and keeping weight off in order to achieve your long term health goals is far more psychological than physical. Put your energy towards where it will make a difference.

I really need to look into this. I've looked online for support groups to no avail. I need to put more effort in getting to the root. Thank you.