Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

band to sleeve (bcbs horizon?)

Hello!

My questions is towards people who have went from the Lap band to the sleeve- how did you know the sleeve was right for you? Have you had more success with the sleeve? Do you feel different? Please let me know how it has altered your life.

I am literally in the process of looking up the sleeve as I post this, so I apologize if this thread exists already.

About me: I was banded dec.2013 (3 years ago omg). I have not had success with it even though I really have tried through these 3 years. i just moved from AZ where I had Premera BCBS, and I now have Horizon BCBS (ny/nj). I still have a lot of research to do to decide if I would ever go under the knife again and how much I can afford but I am really considering it especially if it is covered by my insurance (just was signed on today so I have to wait a bit to see if it is).

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello!

My questions is towards people who have went from the Lap band to the sleeve- how did you know the sleeve was right for you? Have you had more success with the sleeve? Do you feel different? Please let me know how it has altered your life.

I am literally in the process of looking up the sleeve as I post this, so I apologize if this thread exists already.

About me: I was banded dec.2013 (3 years ago omg). I have not had success with it even though I really have tried through these 3 years. i just moved from AZ where I had Premera BCBS, and I now have Horizon BCBS (ny/nj). I still have a lot of research to do to decide if I would ever go under the knife again and how much I can afford but I am really considering it especially if it is covered by my insurance (just was signed on today so I have to wait a bit to see if it is).

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I have bcbs horizon (ny/nj) i am in the process now for the sleeve. I will be going to Philly to chestnut hill hospital where my mom and sister got sleeved. Dr Meilahn and his staff are excellent and really work with the insurance companies to get everything taken care of.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

I had the band in July 2013 and like you've said, I did not have much success. The reason was they could never get me in what they call the Green Zone. I was always in the Yellow with little to no restrictions. And I hit the Red one time, that was horrible. I could not swallow my own saliva.

Moving forward, earlier this year I decided to go from the band to the sleeve, ESP since my insurance BCBS said they would pay for up to 2 Bariatric Surgeries. I had the revision done on Nov 14th and even though I almost backed out at the hospital, I am so glad that I didn't.

I feel the restrictions when I eat and when I'm satisfied and not full, and I've been losing little at a time since I started my Pre-Op.

Also, it's said they those who have the sleeve this way tend to list slower than those who did the sleeve without a revision, but I Strongly Believe, if your insurance cover and/or you can afford you won't regret doing the revision.

Last, and BEST ADVICE, PRAY AND SEE WHAT GOD TELLS YOU TO DO.

I DID THAT AND I BELIEVE GOD APPROVED ME TO DO IT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

I had band to sleeve revision on 10/26/16. I could not be happier with my decision! It is true that because of the restriction of the band, you may not lose as fast. But you will definitely be able to tell the difference. Just remember, everyone's journey is different and what happens for them may not be the same for you. Follow the rules, eat right, exercise, keep your head up and keep your eyes on the prize.

Best of luck