Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TT and Arm Lift

Hi

I'm having a Tummy Tuck with Lipo and an extended arm lift Monday. I just wanted to know people's experience. Has anyone had both done at the same time? What was recovery like? Do you have any suggestion on items I should pick up before surgery that you saw useful?

Thanks,

Sorry no experience in that procedure. I'm having WLS on Monday and I'll pray for a GREAT outcome and speedy recovery. Did you have to pay for this or did insurance cover it? Just thinking ahead. I'm sure I'll need some tucks and tightening,Lol.

Sent from my 710C using the BariatricPal App

Sorry no experience in that procedure. I'm having WLS on Monday and I'll pray for a GREAT outcome and speedy recovery. Did you have to pay for this or did insurance cover it? Just thinking ahead. I'm sure I'll need some tucks and tightening,Lol.

@@dede0314

I had a full brachioplasty in July and then will be having a full TT, Breast lift with augmentation on January 19th. My surgeon asked that i separate mine like this and the arm lift was the most important for me so i had it done first.

I know alot of folks who had both arm lift and tt at the same time.

I am glad I didn't mostly because you cannot use your arms to lift yourself up so i used my abdominal muscles and leg muscles to get up and down. Not sure how i would have managed it.

Anyway, glad that i had my arms done, they look awesome but it was very painful for me. Lots of burning and itching. I am hoping my breasts don't feel like my arms did but am prepared for anything at this point.

I am worried about the pain in the next phase but excited for the gratification!

Best of luck to you!

Hello, I can not wait to get these arms, an breast liff.. Ugh.. Lol I'm so grateful for my weight lost sw 278 cw180 I have 5lb to goal weight ???????? I'm hoping my ins will pay, help pay, I don't care as long as it's in God's Will for me to get it done.. Best wishes on your next surgery ????

Sent from my LGMS550 using the BariatricPal App

I didn't go through my insurance. They have requirements and I believe it is just to remove skin. But the son I have isn't causing any medical conditions. Good luck with your surgery. Praying for a speedy recovery!

Edited by dede0314

Hello, I can not wait to get these arms, an breast liff.. Ugh.. Lol I'm so grateful for my weight lost sw 278 cw180 I have 5lb to goal weight I'm hoping my ins will pay, help pay, I don't care as long as it's in God's Will for me to get it done.. Best wishes on your next surgery

I completely understand my arms are horrible they make me so uncomfortable. Good luck to you!

@@dede0314

I had a full brachioplasty in July and then will be having a full TT, Breast lift with augmentation on January 19th. My surgeon asked that i separate mine like this and the arm lift was the most important for me so i had it done first.

I am glad I didn't mostly because you cannot use your arms to lift yourself up so i used my abdominal muscles and leg muscles to get up and down. Not sure how i would have managed it.

Anyway, glad that i had my arms done, they look awesome but it was very painful for me. Lots of burning and itching. I am hoping my breasts don't feel like my arms did but am prepared for anything at this point.

I am worried about the pain in the next phase but excited for the gratification!

Best of luck to you!

I'm actually more scared of the arm lift than the Tummy Tuck. Good luck with your upcoming surgeries!

@@dede0314

Best of luck to you!

I'm actually more scared of the arm lift than the Tummy Tuck. Good luck with your upcoming surgeries!
Blessings to you!

I pretty much had it all within a 2 week period Circumference Tummy Tuck with muscle tightening, Bra Lift ( Back) first surgery that took about 7hrs then 2 weeks latter Arm Lift Breast reduction and Lift (restructured with my own breast tissue ) 6.5hrs

What I can suggest is that if you normally get sick after surgery that you tell them before you go in, so they can give you something to prevent nausea. After both surgeries the day after I became nauseous and it was the most painful feeling. The second wasn't as bad because they gave me something but very painful.

I also got a small infection in one of my arms after about 5 weeks, which took about the same amount of time to heal. I think I caused the problem because after a shower one morning I noticed a stitch coming out of my tummy area so I got the tweezers and pulled it out, no problem no pain. A few days latter I noticed one in my arm so I did the same thing but it had a not under it so it wouldn't come out. I had remembered reading on one of the sites someone saying that if they won't come out trim it back so it doesn't aggravate you. Which I did, bad move I just cut it with the scissors and forgot about it. The Doctor said he thought the infection got in through where I cut the stitch. So my advice don't do anything without speaking to your Doctor no matter how simple or minor something sounds.

The only thing I don't believe you can live without is a recliner or contour pillow system. I traveled for my surgery so had to use it for the 5 weeks I was there but don't know how I would have coped without it. Good Luck

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@ausmith Thanks, this was very helpful.

I'm having to on 12/20 skin removal was approved through insurance and I'm paying for difference to get tt. I will get my arms done next yr, I too could not do both surgeries at same time,especially having little ones at home. Can you advise more on pillows and anything that I might need for post tt?

I had Backmax contour foam pillow it's supports the whole body which is what you need after the TT. You can get it on Amazon. If you don't have a recliner it's the next best thing. You can lie it on the lounge during the day and on the bed during the night

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I had the brachioplasty done along with inner thigh lift, butt lift, breast lift, and some skin tightening on a previous Tummy Tuck. That was in 2013 and I have had multiple problems with the brachioplasty ever since. It has gotten much better over time and with lots of treatments but my arms will never be "normal." You can see photos and my review on real self -- just too much to retell here -- https://www.realself.com/review/ramsey-nj-arm-lift-flankplasty-breast-lift-body-lift-medial-thigh-lift I would not discourage anyone from getting the brachioplasty. But to be aware that complications can and do happen, so be prepared for that possibility... go into this without rose colored glasses. Good luck with your surgery!

Dede, how did your procedures go?I had TT and liposuction on 12/20 and I love it! I will get arm lift in Dec of 2017, my doc and I prefer to split it up. This allows less stress on body and I cannot afford to be down a full month, because of my job and kids. I'm taking 3wks off for Tummy Tuck. I have swelling but all of the hanging skin is gone...I'm in "ahhhhhh"

post-245734-14828988414634_thumb.jpg

Hi... Everything went well. Had TT and arm lift on 12/12. I still have swelling. It actually wasn't that bad having both done. I do admit my arms are bothering me more than my tummy.

@@bvenegas
You look really good. How is your recovery going?

Edited by dede0314