Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do I manage to get enough protein daily!?

Besides shakes, I eat lots of tuna, chicken or turkey. Lean pork is a good choice too. eggs are great, and now that I am on solid food, I will eat one or two Quest Protein bars a day.

I also like ground beef, but there is a calorie penalty not everyone is willing to pay. I just made some killer chili that has 25 grams of Protein in a half cup serving, but it also has 275 calories. The good news is, virtually all of the carbs are from Beans, which means I am getting some good Fiber too.

I should still be upping my calories. I'm getting about 7-800 calories per day and I would prefer to be closer to 1000. I eat chili from Wendy's 3-4 times per week and the Fiber keeps me regular. That Wendy's chili is actually quite healthy other than the salt.

I love the Wendy's Chili too and I add a bit more salt. I have low blood pressure so I have to add more salt to my diet to keep my bp up. It's like the perfect food.

Thank you everyone for all the great ideas! I have shared all this valuable information with my wife so she can keep me on track and get my Protein up! What is a good unflavored Protein powder that you guys have tried and liked? Thanx again! Even though the eating and drinking is tough I wouldn't have changed a thing about having my sleeve done! I am down 180 pounds since I started this journey in April!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations on your success, you have been doing well. There are lots of powdered Proteins out there but my favorite is the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. You can get flavored or unflavored. They have their own website.

My favorite is Dannon Triple Zero yogurt with a scoop of GENEPRO unflavored Protein Powder added. If it's not sweet enough you can add a touch of stevia. Basically, you may need to just add Protein powder to everything possible. You should be eating protein at every meal or snack, and eat it first. My best weight loss has happened when I finally got enough protein consistently. You can still lose weight without it, but you risk losing muscle mass. It is helpful if you can get protein in your liquids if you're falling short with your food. Good luck to you!

I'm not doing shakes anymore (thank God cause I hate em) but I start my day with Greek yogurt which has 14 grams of Protein, then according to my NUTRITION COACH, for every 1oz of meat I eat (chicken, Turkey, fish) [steak later on for you] it's about 8 grams of Protein. Also with your meals eat your protein 1st. If you're eating 1/2 cup [4 oz] if you ate a 3 oz piece of turkey and 1 oz of lima Beans, that's about 30 grams of protein right there. That's Breakfast of 14g for the yogurt, lunch 30g from the Beans and turkey......your at about 45 grams for just those 2 meals. You could also drink low fat milk to get your protein in its about 8 grams of protein a well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

Hey am i allowed to drink full cream cows milk? I m 1week post op

I'm not doing shakes anymore (thank God cause I hate em) but I start my day with Greek yogurt which has 14 grams of Protein, then according to my NUTRITION COACH, for every 1oz of meat I eat (chicken, Turkey, fish) [steak later on for you] it's about 8 grams of Protein. Also with your meals eat your protein 1st. If you're eating 1/2 cup [4 oz] if you ate a 3 oz piece of turkey and 1 oz of lima Beans, that's about 30 grams of protein right there. That's breakfast of 14g for the yogurt, lunch 30g from the Beans and turkey......your at about 45 grams for just those 2 meals. You could also drink low fat milk to get your protein in its about 8 grams of protein a well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

Hey am i allowed to drink full cream cows milk? I m 1week post op

What does your post op diet plan say?

I know this is really silly but with so much info coming at me at once i cant seem to comprehend what are liquids and what isnt when to wait thirty min and when not too. For instance milk 1 percent fairlife do i wait or not what if i add Protein to it then do i wait or not. Cream Soups with Protein powder wait thirty to drink Water or not? Here is another question do all liquids count as for the 64 oz. Per day like tea Decaf, or crystal light, i was told anything liquid without a calorie counts. So does that then leave out the milk? Someone educate me please. I have already asked and for some reason i cant seem to understand. Thought i would ask on this thread since it has a lot of traffic i make an original post and it gets overlooked.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

I know this is really silly but with so much info coming at me at once i cant seem to comprehend what are liquids and what isnt when to wait thirty min and when not too. For instance milk 1 percent fairlife do i wait or not what if i add Protein to it then do i wait or not. Cream Soups with Protein powder wait thirty to drink Water or not? Here is another question do all liquids count as for the 64 oz. Per day like tea Decaf, or crystal light, i was told anything liquid without a calorie counts. So does that then leave out the milk? Someone educate me please. I have already asked and for some reason i cant seem to understand. Thought i would ask on this thread since it has a lot of traffic i make an original post and it gets overlooked.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

I was told any drink is a liquid. But if your program told you any calorie free drink is a liquid, I guess your Protein drinks don't count.

I have my shakes over ice and add espresso to first one of the day for an iced mocha.

Protein Drinks are classed as fluids. I mixed mine with Water, not milk. Yum

Kate

not much to add to above, but I love cheese stix with a slice of turkey or ham wrapped around it. one would be around 12-15 gm of Protein, great snack. I can eat nuts too, that is very satisfying. Faya yogurt is 23gms of Protein per cup. If you get peanut powder, and add that to your smoothies and other foods, that adds extra protein as well. I have to have my Protein shakes over ice as well. cottage cheese is great as well.