Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 5 years post, I did really good untill about 8 months ago I started gaining back, I know what I'm doing wrong, I'm cheating! I have restriction but have learned how to eat around my band, I had lost 150 lbs and have put 50 back on, looking for similar stories and motivation and advice to get back on track fast! I'm almost at max fill on a 10cc band. Thanks in advance!

Signed

Disappointed in myself!

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

have you tried the 5 day pouch test?

@@Dusty_S Good thing in Dusty.... you know what your doing .... and it can be fixed. I gain 20 a couple years ago... and when i didn't fit into my favorite jeans... i looked with in and knew what i was doing and set my mind to change it. I said to myself... Self, you didn't do what you did, sacrifice what you sacrificed to go back.... so i lost that 20 and almost 20 more.

That's whats good about the band... you are in control... but you have to be in CONTROL... Remember you can't eat what you don't buy.... when you go to buy the ice cream... don't... in fact don't even go down that isle at the supermarket.

Start back at the basics.... go back to your small plate and have only what you know you should have. NO.. Seconds!!! No grazing.... Go back to the 10 commandments of the lapband. I reposted it a while back.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/377235-the-10-commandments-of-the-lapband-a-revisit/

Dusty_S

I'm so there with you. I'm so disappointed in my self. I my band placed 11/25/10. I lost 100# in the first 1.5-2 of placement. But in the last 2.5-3 I've gained 42#. I've reverted back and have fallen so ungraciously off the exercising and eating right wagon. I have just returned to the gym but it seems even harder this time around. Even that depresses me. Knowing how good I was and all the things I did to get to my almost goal wt. I am not sure but I think I'm at 7cc. I haven't seen a Dr in three years either. I moved. Amazing 3 yrs I moved. Three years gaining 42#. Three years reverting to bad habits. I need to know there is hope from others that find/found themselves in our same or similar situation. I believe you can. So I have to believe I can too.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@Dusty_S @crnpwallick i promise you can do it... Just get back to what you know works. Start over, do the 1 week liquid, 1 week puree, 1 week soft, etc.... Reset your band... it can be done.

@Dusty_S @crnpwallick i promise you can do it... Just get back to what you know works. Start over, do the 1 week liquid, 1 week puree, 1 week soft, etc.... Reset your band... it can be done.

Dusty_S

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I just have to go back to the beginning and start fresh. I am going to look for a WLS in my area that is familiar with bands. It is time to re-establish care and go from there. Thanks again. It is good to have a place to go with like minded problems and success. I wish I would have know about this when I was getting my surgery. Better late than never. This is a life long process.

@@crnpwallick the reason it's so hard now is because you are in a different mind frame.... Think about when you first started... How happy, positive and enthusiastic you were... this LB was going to change your life. And it did, and it still can. I wouldn't kick my self too hard just yet.... you are still in control you just have to set your mind to it..... I call it "want control".... not will power.

Want control.... I want to control my eating again, i want to feel good about me again, i want to fit in all those clothes again... I want to be healthy again..... I want to feel proud of ME again....

Go by yourself some dry erase markers.... and put them in your bathroom... and every night or few nights write your self some encouraging words... even if it's just.... YOU CAN DO THIS... If you have a spouse or kids... have them write you words of encouragement... sometimes you can even write on the fridge (test first). Sit them all down and tell them what you are doing... Tell them how much their words mean to you and ask them to write you messages...

This will put a smile on your face and happiness in your heart..... I promise.

Chris

Thank you so much. I needed to hear that. I do want all of those things. That is a great way to look at it. I have a million dry erase markers. I will do that. Positive self motivation. I did it before I can do it again. Thank you again for the encouragement.

Heather.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have a similar story as well. I was down 90 pounds a year and a half after my 9/2012 surgery. Things in life got a lot more hectic and stressful and my eating habits returned to the old bad ones. Now I'm up 50+ pounds and am feeling like such a failure. I swore I wasn't going to be that person who got surgery and gained the weight back but here I am.

Tonight I returned to the forums where I know there are great people to help me get back on track and I'm hoping that it will help. We can do this! I can do this!