Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Problem with band tightness

Hi all

New to this forum but had band for three years.

Been a bit of a roller coaster.

Did well at first lost 65lb then had barium test to tight so they took some out.

stay stableish slowly going up weight after that but know where near goal weight.

Realised that I had wheat intolerance so cut that out think swelling from that was confusing issue so essentially gone from really tight to no restriction without fill. Don't think I ever experienced sweet spot.

Anyway put on 14lb over summer arghh!

Went back for fill last fri all this week been fine actually been grate felt like I finally hit sweet spott not hungry eating small portions and satisfied yay I thinks!

then yesterday in morning I had made some mini sausage with bacon for my sons lunch and popped one in my mouth without thinking doh!! Soon as I did it I thought ah that not gone work so I spat it out unfortunately some of the bacon went down without being chewed I think u know where this is going so must have got trapped tried eating as normal that night oh no that not happening not staying down. So today pain in chest able to drink 1/3rd cup hot tea okish. Been making lots of tea today

Have decided to do liquid tomorrow as well as today and see if irritation swelling gos down so don't want to go back and have some out took me year n half to get back to this after last time.

Any thought has anyone had this experience and had it sort itself out?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Any thought has anyone had this experience and had it sort itself out?

Sorry, but that's not the best question to ask. Some people will "Yes" and others will say "No." The only thing that matters for you is your own experience.

If I were you on a Sunday, I might give it until Monday late morning or early afternoon. If the discomfort hadn't disappeared by then, I'd call my surgery practice to describe the feeling. Of course you don't want to have any Fluid removed, but it's necessary if you're feeling pain and unable to eat. Your idea to stay on liquids for now is smart.

Please -- in the future, don't eat while you're preparing food. Eat only when you're sitting at the table for a regular meal or planned snack. The common wisdom for losing weight with or without surgery is to eat only when mindful and not doing things that can be distracting.

Gosh, it is so easy to forget given that you haven't been feeling any restriction in years. I'm newly banded and have had my first fill, but not yet in the "sweet spot." My second fill will be after Christmas. The dietician I work with has trained me to chew, chew, chew--20 to 30 chews before swallowing. After you resolve your current issue try making a game out of chewing. I know it sounds funny but it helps me if I count in my head and envision a train...chew, chew, chew.

Had lapband surgery 10/12/16

My doc always warns me that when I have a stuck episode, take 2 days to let it heal with yogurt and cottage cheese... easier food. He swears that's when he sees band trouble: Trying to eat with an irritated band. I really try to listen to him.

Hi feel better today no pain drinking tea better going to have Soup tonight see how I go.

It's strange getting my head round 6 tablespoons for a meal never had a prob eating full meal in eavning before now except just after opp.

Can totally c how I got myself here made some mistakes with food.

Oh well c how I go.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App