Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nausea and no eating or drinking...

Im 2 months out. I'm am having such severe nausea that I'm not even eating anymore. I have lost 55 pds. If I have 12 oz of Water a day I'm lucky. I'm scared, I'm sick and the drs just keep telling me the "everyone's different". Please give me hope that this will stop moving forward...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You need to have a GI test to ensure that you have no stricture, you also need good anti sickness drugs to stop you vomiting.

I was the same as soon as I hit pureed the stomach didn't want to know. I returned last night after spending 3 days in hospital for dehydration and vomiting, now that stopped I have two different anti sickness tablets and a new anti acid tablet. Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC 10 using the BariatricPal App

What does your surgeon say? This is NOT normal.

@@LykaCory

The reason you are so nauseous is likely you are severly dehydrated. It can make you very sick and 12oz of Water is not nearly enough.

Call your doctors office, they can give you an IV of fluids and you will feel better. Also ask for zofran which will help with the nausea.

But, in the end you must must must get liquids in your body or the vicious circle will continue.

By the way, this is the #1 problem after gastric surgeries.

Best of luck to you!

Same here 9 weeks out. 2 bites a meal is about all I can stand. Yesterday 1 1/2 grilled chicken nugget bites from chick fillet

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

As was said above

: 1) YOU have got to get your fluids in. Don't worry about much else right now, It does NOT take us long to become dehydrated!!!

2) You need to push your Dr into checking you out for STRICTURES this is a common for WLS PEEPS

3) Get meds for nausea!!

You are more than likely dehydrated so push your intake of fluids. It can't be stressed enough!! Good Luck!!

PLEASE CALL your team

I'm having the same problem... I'm 9 weeks out.. I went to the doctor Thursday and was diagnosed with a structure I am having at it ballooned out on Tuesday and hopefully I will get some relief from all the nausea and vomiting.

I'm having the same issues as well. Today has been worse than any other day. Finally broke down and went to the ER only to be told there is a 5 hr wait. I returned home. I will put in and urgent call to my dr. I def think I have a stricture.

I have similar issue. I'm two months out. They scoped me and found out I have an ulcer. Hopefully now that they are treating the ulcer, relief will soon follow.

My surgery was 10/6 and I had severe nausea until recently. I was told it could last 3-6 months. I was dehydrated and admitted to the hospital 3 times since surgery to replenish fluids. My potassium was low each time, which could cause serious complications. Sodium was too high, white count was low, UTI, and other issues, which all can lead to nausea. Tests were run staples were loose and they removed them. It helped some but on top of what all was going on the relief didn't last long. I was on four nausea meds. The one that helped most in the end was Marinol. I'm still having problems getting Water and Protein in.

I hope things have gotten better for you.

lique The Marinol is that the THC pill? I was put on it many years ago for my pain. It didn't work hardly at all. You know they use it for Cancer Patients for nausea.

I use to be a Very heavy drinker (water). Now it takes me all day to get 12-16 oz of fluids! I can eat a tiny bit each day, but fluids?! I'm struggling! I'm having to force everything. I eat half a yogurt, and I'm full until lunch time! When I'm full I can't even drink.
I'm dizzy all the time! Just by bending to pick something up I get dizzy. Lack of nutrition and dehydration? That's what I'm thinking.
I'm regretting this whole thing!