Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dallas doctors indicted by Feds in massive Dallas hospital conspiracy.

If you live in Texas and are looking for a doctor you can get on the Texas State Medical Board website to see if they have any judgments against them or suspensions etc. You should be able to get on the website of the county you live in and go to civil cases and see any cases filed as far as malpractice, financial , etc. When I worked as a RN Paralegal for a medical malpractice firm, that is where I started when checking out doctors. Since the Feds are after these docs it's serious because insurance fraud is huge.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

You all realize that bariatric practices are like 40-45% profit?

Btw, the Texas State Medical Board was written up on how bad it is. I would not ever trust them to help you - they are there to help hide doctors' from you. I've got quite a few examples from what I've learned. My own state, they didn't know we had a pill mill doc practicing here. By federal law, they were to have been in jail awaiting sentancing. A hospital pleaded with a judge to let them work there in the ER under supervision.

They let one ob/gyn off with a class and the baby died. The ob/gyn should have caught the problems.

Tip of the iceburg.

Working in a legal office I had access to information others didn't. I wouldn't say Texas is quite as bad as you think and has improved over the years There are bad doctors everywhere but it's still a good start checking courthouse records, can't lie there, word of mouth and anyone who has to advertise on TV is a red flag to me. Of course they are for profit. I've never worked for free, wouldn't expect my doctor to.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Well, Dr. Kim has left his practice. So no need to look into him for your surgery anymore.

Nicholson issued a statement saying these are false but I'm sure that's why they've made all these changes. I'm now needing a new doctor. smh

Edited by transmformme

This is one of my concerns with the "self pay" route. I completely understand that some insurance plans don't cover WLS and there needs to be a self pay option. On the other hand I have seen people:

who are 50-60 pounds over weight getting WLS.

getting questionable "revisions".

choosing self pay because their insurance denied them or required them to "jump through hoops"

Seems like some minimal requirements, like maybe a referral from your primary care provider, Should be required for getting major surgery instead of a credit card with a high spending limit.

There is a thread here started a few days ago by a woman who went to a surgeon for a pre op interview who was told she could have surgery the NEXT DAY if she had the funds.

Another case of greed trumping ethics.

I didn't need to lose much more than that and I don't think my doctor is unethical or crooked to of performed my survey . How many people do you know that can lose that and keep it off? As you know the statistics are very against that- even those who just need to lose 50-60

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App