Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric bypass surgery in 10 days exactly

I'm having my gastric bypass surgery on December 12th so it's 10 days away! And I'm so nervous and scared I would like to talk to someone who had the laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery so they can help me to understand what it's like after and did you all get a pre op diet to take home with you ? I did my surgeon put me on this diet of all these boxes of stuff I had over 20 bags to take to my car yesterday they gave me all the pre op food and they gave me the pro op food too which is supposed to be for after the surgery too! He gave me 9 weeks of food for after surgery too! But the Soups are making me really sick I tried it yesterday for lunch and dinner and it is the nastiest Soup I have ever tried and i have gerd and gerd does not like this soup lol! Cuz I keep throwing it up it's like I was trying to force myself to eat it but it's making me sicker then I tried it again this morning and I kept throwing it up too! So what should I do? Because I called my surgeons office and the nurse there and the front desk lady they told me once we give you the food we can't take it back. And I told them the soup makes me sick so what do I do as a replacement and she said you can't replace it you have to just continue to eat it and I told her every time I try it makes me ill! And they don't even know what to say because the surgeon gave me all the food and stuff so I guess no one else there knows if I can substitute it or not ! And my surgeon is famous he's all over the Dr's show on tv and he's been on dr oz show also and he did heart's surgery she was like back in the 80s singer and he did the lady on tv on those commercials about trying to buy the food and you will loose all that weight but what no one knew is that she had the gastric bypass surgery. My doctor has all over his walls of all the celebrities surgeries he's done ! But I know my surgeon is the best but he's in surgery a lot of the time ! So I don't know what to do ? And what do they do when you go to check in at the hospital for your surgery ? Do they put you on monitors and give you a blood transfusion? Because my surgeon said yeah that everyone has to he told me lol so can some people give me some help with all of this please? Thank you all!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

1) When surgeons force you to buy food from them it's a money- grab. 90% of patients go through pre- and post- op buying their own food. Now, I always say you should follow your Dr.'s plan to the letter to maximize success, but in this case I'd probably get my own broth.

2) When I checked in, they took my vitals. I changed my clothes. They put the compression leggings on me, and gave me an IV. Blood transfusions are not normally done, especially for laproscopic surgery. Transfusions actually increase the odds of complications, so they are only given when absolutely necessary. When my daughter had brain surgery, the doctor was very concerned about trying to avoid blood.

Honestly, your doctor doesn't sound all that great.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

I did. I got no pre- op food. I could eat normally up to surgery date. Now afterward I'm 5 weeks out...I'm having trouble with a soft diet. Still doing Soup and malt o meal. I eat organic Tomato Soup OK .

Sent from my SGH-M919 using the BariatricPal App