Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats with all the spam

I've become SPAM Police! So over it!

Mostly it comes from "PK", Pakistan, which is one of the world's worst spamming countries.

I just mouse underneath the Spam stupid message, click "Report", and only write "SPAM!" in the report.

Been doing it for days, often there are 5-6 Spams per day/evening, most from Pakistan with most entertaining nonsensical English, even French.

@@Alex Brecher

How is that "No Newbie links allowed" filter going?

Ozroo im on this site from my phone and the only way i am able to report it is by actually clicking on it then opening the drop down menu and then hit report. If anyone knows another way without opening on phone please let me know.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

Edited by doxaholic

Mostly it comes from "PK", Pakistan, which is one of the world's worst spamming countries.

I just mouse underneath the Spam stupid message, click "Report", and only write "SPAM!" in the report.

Been doing it for days, often there are 5-6 Spams per day/evening, most from Pakistan with most entertaining nonsensical English, even French.

@@Alex Brecher

Thank you for your effort.

What would happen if someone provided a link to actual Spam, the canned meat. Would that still be considered "spam"? :)

(Sorry, for the pun, I am reading this while having some insomnia)

@@Alex Brecher

Thank you for your effort.

What would happen if someone provided a link to actual Spam, the canned meat. Would that still be considered "spam"? :)

(Sorry, for the pun, I am reading this while having some insomnia)

There you go, dear @@4MRB4PHOTO

How about this ... a photo

post-288435-0-67502000-1480674082_thumb.jpg

And this old clip below, yes it is old and in poor quality, yes it says "Pal", but Spam is its cousin ..... :D

Ozroo im on this site from my phone and the only way i am able to report it is by actually clicking on it then opening the drop down menu and then hit report. If anyone knows another way without opening on phone please let me know.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

I tried it on my phone, but my policing worked so far, and right now I can't find any SPAM messages.

I think what you say is correct, have to click on it (but not the link!), open drop down menu and hit report.

On the computer I have to do the same. Click on the post, then click Report, write "Spam", then click send.

I'll try again, with my phone once I spot more Junk ....

Most of this computer spam [spam is considered to be electronic junk mail or junk newsgroup postings. Some people define spam even more generally as any unsolicited email.] is generated from Pakistan and India. My count so far from the 15 spam threads I observed is Pakistan-13, India-2.

Sounds like a Spamming match between Pakistan and India.

Pakistan is definitely winning here .....

My latest Spam observations, here and on other places/sites:

Since Google and most major IPs now have stronger Spam filters, and offer the ability to Block certain email addresses and Domains, Report Spam etc, many Spammers now Target Social Sites, Forums and Dating Sites.

I have a different email address/s for different Social Sites, and I noticed that one site in particular was/is bad for so called "professional connections" Spam.

Spam is like a Hydra Monster, one head gets chopped off, and other heads grow .....

Since the first of the year the SPAM seems to have gone down. I used to report 4 or 5 posts a day as SPAM, now I am lucky to report one.